How to install subs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tuffy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Has anyone found a guide on how to do this? My friend and I were looking around trying to find where the wires go from the engine or whatever to inside of the car. I am trying to install my subs and I don't have a guide or anything.

WHOISMOOTOO

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Crutchfield.com look in there knowledge base and if you want videos look on youtube there are 1000's of them

stang99gtv8

Reaction score
My sub setup that is now running as the juice for my power inverter is running to my battery through the door wiring grommet and into the fender well. If you can't find a hole in the firewall or don't want to drill a hole and such, it's one way to avoid all that if you don't mind fishing a wire hanger through the space.

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
luckly you have the 1st gen. theres a rubber groment on the drivers side of the firewall. thats where all my wires run threw. thats where you should put the power wire. then find a good place for a ground close to your amp and run your amp remote wire and rcas. and to wire the subs use this. http://www.the12volt.com/caraudio/woofer_configurations.asp
it shows you every possible way to wire your subs with 1 amp. if you have a 2 channel then just 1 sub 1 amp. its easy to figure out. it helped me.