Interior Sound while accelerating/breaking and on bumps (how to find the sound)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
I have a timberline 2022, recently I starting to hear ticking noise. the noise only comes when jerking (first thing when accelerating of first thing while breaking) and sometime when going through a speedhump.
it seems that it is coming from inside the instrument cluster. specifically driver side the very left.
I have looked for a guide on how to remove the top part (if possible) to try to locate where this is coming from but found nothing.

I guess it is some loose part that is making the noise and driving me crazy.

any idea how I can find where the noise is coming from.

Thanks in advance.

RacerBX1

Reaction score
Is it like a tick,tick,tick sound or more like a single pop or snap sound. I ask because I have a 2023 Timberline and above a certain temperature I get a snap sound above the drives head off to the left when hitting small bumps. At times it seems to the left of my left ear and other times half way between my ear and windshield. I haven’t been able to isolate it yet, so haven’t let the dealership take it apart, break a few things, put it back together with broken parts and tell me they couldn’t find anything and I leave with more noises then I had before. Just trying to see if we are with similar issues. Noises are tough to troubleshoot and being able to diagnose as much as possible before any dealership trips is your best chance for success. The dealership will assign the deafest mechanic they have to fix your problem.

OP
OP
T
Reaction score
Hmmmm it is more like number of Ticks.. when I accelerate/break it ticks one or couple of times.
I am sure it is something inside the dash behind the instrument cluster to the left but didn't notice if it is something related to temperature.

I see your point and worth thinking about .. I had some fears opening the dash and I think your are absolutely right.

Thanks for taking the time to reply.

memartin

Reaction score
I had a noise that was driving me nuts, happening like you said. I thought something was inside door rolling around. The plastic on the seat belt close to the floor was hitting on the plastic on the seat every time my butt moved during bumps, ect. For now I wrapped a piece of cloth around it.