How to lower an 03-06 Expedition ??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Expedition

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I know you can get the eibach springs lowering kit, and the ground force lowering kit, but is there any drop shocks available ??

Taylormade08

Reaction score
My 01 Expo is 4X4. Iam not into off roading at all, but its a great thing to have when needed, and thus far, I did have to use 4X4. I know most ppl will say not to lower a 4x4. It sits stock height, but would like to lower it 2" all the way around. Can you lower a truck or suv if equipped with 4X4?

walnuts4x4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
not 100% certain with expys but I did lower a 4x4 sport trac two years ago for a friend so yes you can do it but probably not as low as a 2wd since everything in the front end... the sport trac was take the bolt out of torsion bars... a opposite TT lift and rear was a block but it had leaf springs.... so dont know about expys though

smo0othride

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I know you can get the eibach springs lowering kit, and the ground force lowering kit, but is there any drop shocks available ??

How low are you trying to go? Anything lower then the eibach springs and you're going to have to spend a lot more money on other problems that will arise from lowering that low. Eibach is the best lowering spring brand out there, and you can always cut a coil off if you want just a little bit lower (i have personally done this on a benz with eibachs and it worked great). Although cornering ability will increase, ride smoothness is going to go to shit if you lower your expy.

As far as lowering a 4x4 expy... you shouldn't have any problems with a 2" or less drop.... but know you will get a lot of greif for dropping a 4x4 vehicle as it defeats the purpose the vehicle was made for.

Last edited:
OP
OP
E

Expedition

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i found the belltech springs that lower it 2/2 all round i was thinking of cutting them to get 2.5/2.5 or maybe 2/3 so the truck can sit level, and then replace the shocks and swaybars

OP
OP
E

Expedition

Full Access Members
Reaction score
lol funny you say that i see alot of people around town do that.. looks stupid as hell with the front all high, talk about cali lean..