How to search for 2018 Expedition Max Limited w 2nd row buckets?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MontyTheLab

Reaction score
Looking to buy a pre-owned 2018 Max Limited with 2nd row buckets. I have read that it's a option on the Limited trim but I have not seen any at all on Autotrader (or car gurus) and I cannot find any way to search for those vehicles. Is there any way that you may know of to search for these Limited Max's with 2nd row buckets? There must be SOME way to find these...I can't be the only person to want this.

I know that the platinum trim includes the 2nd row buckets but I am not interested in the other options it includes and the high price.

Going_Going_Gone

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Even searching Ford dealer inventories, you had to pull up the window sticker to see if a particular unit had them or not. I believe they are an extra-cost option on Platinums too.

aporthole

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You can also just buy the bench version and unbolt and remove the center seat. There is one wire to also disconnect. Buy a floor liner made for the captain’s chair version to cover the mounting points. The only thing you’ll be missing is the flip down armrests that would be on the captain’s chairs but as an advantage, you have the flexibility to seat an 8th person by putting the middle seat back in later if you want.

rs4-380

Reaction score
It was an option on the limiteds (I have one). The issue is, it's not a searchable option even on Fords inventory site. At least there you can pull up the window sticker to check, but with the aftermarket sites you have to look the pictures.

Tim Goetz

Reaction score
I am looking for a used 2018/19 limited with second row captains chairs as well and have found several BUT i also want rear seat entertainment. my question IS - do you think the front seats are pre-wired and i could just buy the rear seat system to install plug and play style or do you think i need a car that alreaady has the system?

I have been using edmonds and you can sort the features for 2nd row captain chairs.

Last edited:

MostlyHarmless

Reaction score
If the Rear Seat Entertainment system is the thing that is stopping you finding a car, then just go buy the car you want in the correct spec and add an aftermarket RSE.

As many have said on this forum, the Ford system is not made by Ford. Apart from power running up the seats there is no hardwired integration of the system into the vehicle

Aftermarket systems that are just as good (or better) can be retrofitted and look just as good as the factory Ford system for about $1,000.

You would be much better off buying the right car and installing an RSE later than looking for a car with a "unicorn" spec.

P.S. my Max Limited 302a with bench seat came with the RSE secondhand. I can honestly say my kids were excited about it for about a week and since then they haven't touched it, versus just using their phones/ipads/tablets to play games and watch movies. My kids are 13 and 11 so maybe the RSE would be better value with younger kids, but I wouldn't have gone out of my way to get a car with it in. I just got lucky that my secondhand purchase was previously a fleet vehicle for a Ford VP and was fully loaded from the factory

Mark

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tryin2fickshit