How to shut OFF Traction Control completely?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

carymccarr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I've counted it out while holding the button down. It takes a count of 8 mississippis for my TC to be completely off.

The navigator isn’t a physical button. It’s either “checked” or not. Ugh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DWs-TTEB

Full Access Members
Reaction score
the killing power thing is annoying and dangerous. Last week I pulled onto a street with a moving truck coming down the road, I had about 200+ feet to get up to speed in front of it on a back road (45 MPH). So I gunned it from my stop sign to make a left halfway through the turn the ECM killed the power and I was close to being rear-ended (going like 5MPH for 5 secs). I didn't know this was a thing prior to. Guess my old habits gotta change.

Last edited:
OP
OP
D

Deadman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
the killing power thing is annoying and dangerous. Last week I pulled on to a street with a moving truck coming down the road, I had about 200+ feet to get up to speed in front of it on a back road (45 MPH). So I gunned it from my stop sign to make a left halfway through the turn the ECM killed the power and I was close to being rear-ended (going like 5MPH for 5 secs). I didn't know this was a thing prior to. Guess my old habits gotta change.

I've done that in the rain and had a panic moment because like you say it KILLS the power for a long time. Then its almost too late to get moving while traffic is closing in fast!

DWs-TTEB

Full Access Members
Reaction score
using the VCM scanner (RTD | came with 5star stuff) I noticed at idle my expy has 1471 PSI for fuel pressure. when the ECM kills the power in this way as stated above, it must reduce the fuel PSI a lot. Only thing I can image would stop this engine so fast in its exhale of power.

wakeboarder

Full Access Members
Reaction score
using the VCM scanner (RTD | came with 5star stuff) I noticed at idle my expy has 1471 PSI for fuel pressure. when the ECM kills the power in this way as stated above, it must reduce the fuel PSI a lot. Only thing I can image would stop this engine so fast in its exhale of power.

I would think that it would just artificially say max throttle is position is 5% or something similar. Since there is no direct linkage to the engine, it could be done with computers.

Thunderbirdsport

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Drive by wire. It changes the signal to the PCM in regards to throttle position and you can't "override" it without the button being pressed or held in to disable it.

Seems like a lot of variables...on my '11, no matter how long I hold it in, it never flashes and completely shuts off. It The only thing I can do is press the button momentarily. It'll give me a little spin, then it cuts out, and acts like it does without a button press. Weird.

Tocapet

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The babysitter kills mine instantly with one push of button. It'll only spin maybe 10 mph and its killing power.

My '09 2WD has that. My driveway is uphill into my garage. With the TC on, it alternates rapidly between the L and R rear wheels trying to find traction on the ice and frozen snow. If I turn it off, I can make it into the garage easier by spinning both wheels to gain a little traction. My house faces North, so the driveway is the last to melt. In Colorado