How To Turn Off HD Radio

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kartman

Reaction score
Hi, my first post on the forum and looking forward to contributing to the group. I just purchased a 2019 Expedition Platinum and I am trying to figure out how to turn the HD radio off. I live in an area where radio coverage is spotty, and I have not been able to find a simple way to turn off HD reception.

Thanks in advance for any help!

OP
OP
Kartman

Kartman

Reaction score
Thank you 2018expyXLT4wd... unfortunately, this video appears to be for an older version of SYNC and the 'HD Button' they refer to is not on my SYNC home screen. I looked in the owner's manual with no luck so hopefully I can find something out there...

2018expyXLT4wd

Reaction score
Figures...the only other thing I can think of is have the dealer update the IPC module (Instrument Panel Controller) and disable the HD radio -- should be a quick update

gbobcat

Reaction score
In my 2019 Limited:

With the system tuned to a radio station, go to Settings and you will see Radio Settings. In there I have an HD Radio toggle.

EC04ECC1-41FD-4B40-9F9A-EE32EC38F89C.jpeg