How you feel about BlueCruise after the 2 crashes?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SunnySunshine

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Just came across an article on social media that talks about how the NTSB is investigating two separate crashes by Ford Mustang Mach-Es and at least one of the incidents BlueCruise was actually on. How do you feel about this new tech?

I personally still like technology like this because drivers will fatigue while driving especially on road trips and in traffic. However, I think these two incidents really show that you still have to be paying attention to what the vehicle is doing as the system is no where near perfect.

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Just came across an article on social media that talks about how the NTSB is investigating two separate crashes by Ford Mustang Mach-Es and at least one of the incidents BlueCruise was actually on. How do you feel about this new tech?

I personally still like technology like this because drivers will fatigue while driving especially on road trips and in traffic. However, I think these two incidents really show that you still have to be paying attention to what the vehicle is doing as the system is no where near perfect.

Call me old-fashioned, but I would never use any self-driving software feature in any vehicle.

erikwr

Reaction score
In my opinion, to varying degrees, all these “self driving” options can be positive as an assist to a driver who’s aware and able to take over.
HOWEVER:
I’ve had or have, various PC’s, Smart Phones, Smart devices.
They all have two things in common.
They are computer based and as such, have ALL frozen/crashed/stopped functioning without notice, at some time or another.
NASA may, with triple + redundancy, have computers that you can trust your life to.
Unfortunately, with even the best car companies. They engineer with a price point, not perfection as a goal.
So in my opinion, enjoy Blue Cruise or Super Cruise, or whatever they call it. But be careful and ready to take over.

Montana-TN

Reaction score
I'm an old guy with millions of miles under my belt, the people who need "self driving" operation should just stay in their parents basement and emerge after after the independence of driving your own car has been made illegal. I'm hoping I'll be gone from this world by then.
Let's remember, I'm the same guy that hates the rotary shifter in my 2024 and is equally horrified by the fact trailer backing assist system even exists....
Just say'n!

purevw

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Aside from the fact that all technology inevitably can and does fail at random times, the human factor is the most frightening aspect. Not only will drivers ignore safety instructions and protocols; they will go out of the way to find ways bypass those protocols. Trying to cheat the system is far more fun than playing by the rules. If you are not aleart enough to drive, then don't drive. There's no destination that's worth losing your life over. Don't become reliant on tech that "should" do the job for you. The decisions you make may save your life, and the lives of innocent men, women, and children.

techdude99

Full Access Members
Reaction score
After using SuperCruise and Bluecruise I can say the technology is not perfect. It's great most of the time if the sensors are calibrated correctly, but there's too much room for error to completely rely on it. SuperCruise is slightly better, but they're comparable.

It's a nice supplemental safety system and we're all Beta testers, but it's not smart enough for autonomous driving or anything close to it. I love it for road trips.

Last edited:

Danm355

Reaction score

I use my Blue Cruise a lot and I really like it.

parsonj

Reaction score
I've used it in my '23 Platinum on road trips and like it. Actually, the thing I like the least is when it requires driver control and the steering wheel doesn't detect my thumb and one or two fingers in the 4-5 o'clock position with my elbow on armrest. I have to "shake" the wheel when the system scolds me. Pretty annoying.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wiscoford