hub centric wheel adapters ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

reefkrazy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Do they work properly with aftermarket rims or just factory ? I put on a normal spacer but have wheel wobble at 35mph then its gone. The only thing I can think is my studs are a tad to long. I was going to trim the studs then see if the wobble is gone. Any ideas ?

tonydiv

technical advisor
Reaction score
That could be the problem, if it keeps the wheel from fitting tight against the adapter.

Is there any slop between the hub flange and the adapter and/or the adapter flange and the wheel? I know that there are companies that make shims to take up that slack.

Also do you notice any runout when you spin the hub with the adapter in place?

OP
OP
reefkrazy

reefkrazy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The adapter is tight to the hub. What do you mean by runout ? I think the adapter is centered but im going to take the rim off after work and check it. I cant tell if the wobble is only from the front right tire or not. Only steering wheel shakes back and forth not the whole truck.

OP
OP
reefkrazy

reefkrazy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
There is a little gap between rim and spacer. The rim is sitting on studs. I have a picture on my phone but cant post it now lol. Waiting for the town electrical inspector to show up between 12 and 4 :(

tonydiv

technical advisor
Reaction score
Runout would be movement of the hub when spinning. This can be 'side to side' or 'out of round'. That adapter should look like it is part of the hub when you spin it. If you see any wobble at all, it isn't seated properly.

That space between the adapter and the hole in the wheel needs to be taken up by a hub ring spacer. Hub Centric Rings, Wheel Adapters, Wheel Spacers | Motorsport Tech

You also need to make sure that the wheel is sitting completely flat against the adapter.

You really don't want to 'live' with any wobble or vibration, it's a safety thing and it will also kill the shocks in no time.

This guy has a good video about the rings.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=btr6f_3HAJg

Last edited:
OP
OP
reefkrazy

reefkrazy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Ok so When I got back to shop, I took all the wheels off and grinded the ends of the bolts off flush. I centered the rim to the spacer as best as I could...still wobble. I just ordered hub centric 2" spacers. I will sell the 1.25 thick ones when the new ones come in. I found old plastic hub centric spacers from my suburban b4 the crash. going to see if they work in the meantime. Thank you for your help Tony!