Hypothetical Question on lifting a EXP

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chris Rector

Reaction score
So I love reading forums and also looking at websites window shopping for parts for my Expedition and other cars. I have done it with all my vehicles.
So I was reading on tire sizing on this forum and ran across a thread on someone that lifted their EXP. Clicking on the link it sent me to amazon.
Now I am just asking the question:
So on Amazon it lists Rancho Quick Lift Loaded Strut that lifts the front 1 1/4 in and 3/4 in the back. Also I have seen lift blocks that lift the front 3 inches in the front 2 1/2 in the back.
So Could someone put them together for a lift of 4 1/4 front 3 1/4 lift bin the back?
Would there be any issues?
Has anyone done this?

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When you start lifting above 3" the geometry of the suspension gets in the way and you have to start making structural changes to the upper and lower control arms, ball joints, brake lines, etc. for the front. Some of the guys have gone down this path and have a better understanding of the issues than I do.

J Ski

3.5plati
Reaction score
So I love reading forums and also looking at websites window shopping for parts for my Expedition and other cars. I have done it with all my vehicles.
So I was reading on tire sizing on this forum and ran across a thread on someone that lifted their EXP. Clicking on the link it sent me to amazon.
So on Amazon it lists Rancho Quick Lift Loaded Strut that lifts the front 1 1/4 in and 3/4 in the back. Also I have seen lift blocks that lift the front 3 inches in the front 2 1/2 in the back.
So Could someone put them together for a lift of 4 1/4 front 3 1/4 lift bin the back?
Has anyone done this?
If your gonna lift it go with Readylift 3/2. Keeps geometry of suspension from being way off and I was able to get 35/11.50/20s u see there with it. Rides great and looks awesome

Knox GSL

Reaction score
Anything more than the ready lift 3/2 will require other components to be modified and mounting brackets to be relocated. It can be done but will require some deep pockets.

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Has anyone done this?

Yes theres a guy who has that and it maxes out his control arms and causes issues.

Also ranchos seem to lift higher than promised usually