Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
AD17175D-1961-40E9-B933-D81813B81026.jpeg Well hello there everyone! After a few years of downgrading to an Exploder (my 4.0 threw a timing chain and after an engine swap Im done with it), I have a 2006 Expy to play with again.

Dealing with a small engine issue, we are pretty sure it’s the water in the plug dwell issue, and will be resolving it hopefully tomorrow. Got a great deal, on it since the person selling thought the engine was toast. Kinda feel guilty actually, but glad I finally caught a break in my life.

I’ve been living in the Explorer for about a month as I am temporarily homeless...long story there that I won’t go into. Needless to say, having the extra room right now will be helpful.

I’ve been following this site for several years, but never created an account, but decided that it was time. I’ll be slowly turning this guy into an “adventure” vehicle for camping with my daughter when I have her, and for storm chasing trips. I’m a ham radio operator, and I need to spend some time looking for other hams on here to see how they have things set up for ideas.

Thanks for all the great advice everyone!

joethefordguy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hi Shawn,
congratulations on your new Expy. someday, I'm hoping to be a ham operator as well. I've started collecting equipment to that end already, that I intend to mount in my Expy.
talk to ya!
jg