I Need Help ASAP!!!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cdunn08

Reaction score
Hey Everyone,
So I have a 2008 Ford Expedition Limited. The Truck started up and went to the store just fine and when I came out of the store it would not start but does crank. The truck would not turn over with a jump and the gas tank had a half tank in it. The truck was left over night and then the next day it started up just fine and gave no issues during driving for about 10 miles. I took it to go get gas I turned it off and immediately turned back on and it fired right up, so I turned it off and pumped gas and when I got back into it to start it, it would only crank again and no turn over. We checked the fuel pump reset and the reset button is soft, we took the battery and it was low so we purchased a new one and that was installed. The truck did start up once more after sitting over night was able to be moved prior to the new battery. Now with a new battery I let the truck sit over night per the owners manual to let the system reset and do the drive cycle. SO after letting it sit overnight for 10+ hour we still cannot get it to turn over and we have not gotten any codes other than the P1000 . At this point I am at loss as to what it could be since there are not codes being pulled. I need this car to work ASAP! Please help me any pointers will be appreciated.

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Welcome to the site.

There are plenty of threads on here concerning no starts. You need three things for a gas engine to run - air, fuel and spark. One of them drops out and you don't start.

One of the easiest things to check is for fuel. You can use a fuel pressure gauge or shoot some starting fluid into the throttle body while cranking. If it runs for a little bit you know it is fuel related. If not then spark related.

If it is key related your theft light should be blinking rapidly.

Your vehicle is 10 years old, if it is still on the original fuel pump I would expect that to have failed. You just need to prove it first.

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'm a little confused. One minute it cranks fine but through your first post you stated you jumped the battery, why? Like Stamp stated, its most likely a pump, or its adjacent wiring giving you a warning. Pull the boot off the throttle body, easy to do, and keep a can of starter fluid with you. When it acts up again, spray it for about 3:seconds with motor dead, obviously, and throttle wide open. With no discernable codes, this is your first test the other possibility is one of the components that gives your motor spark is failing. The crank position sensor is the usual culprit. Keep us posted on your, or the mechanics result. Helps other's.

Sent from my N9131 using Tapatalk

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Their like the raccoons at my lake, get near them, and they scurry into the bushes!

Sent from my N9131 using Tapatalk

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Recently there has been a high percentage of new members that join for a quick of their issue and dissappear without giving an update.

Thanks for giving us an update.

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
imjuststeven