I need to freshen up my paint

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mommy2acurlyq

Reaction score
I just got my new baby last Wednesday and her paint is less than glossy. What do I need to do to get her glossy again?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 78

MoHawk

Full Access Members
Reaction score
How much do you feel like spending?

The BEST was is Griot's Garage products. Clay bar and wax.

OP
OP
mommy2acurlyq

mommy2acurlyq

Reaction score
I'm really not sure. I just used stuff from Pep Boys on my other truck. What are the prices? I have no idea how to use clay? I need a lot of help!

MoHawk

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Clay is rubbed against the paint after spraying a lubricant, normally a "qwik detailer" or the likes. California Clay Bar is one company. Griot's Garage makes the best stuff on the market.

Also, a good polishing can help. Griot's can help there too

MoHawk

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Grinder? NO!

I think I know what you are trying to say, but you are setting her up for SEVERE failure!

01yellerCobra

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I picked up a kit from The Chemical Guys that came with a Porter Cable polisher, pads, and Mequiars polish. The compounds were 105 and 205. I use the Mothers clay bar kit as well. I've had good results with these products. Most people can't believe the paint on my Cobra is 12 years old. I'm going to do the Expy as soon as the weather cooperates.

Misspelling brought to you by Tapatalk

FordandPolaris

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Best way would be polish using grinder, polish compounds and different abrasive pads. Not sure where you're at in LA but I know a guy out of Brandon
, ms that does amazing work on high end cars.

I believe you meant buffer. Grinder would not be a good end result. And as far as abrasive pads, we're talking 1200 grit wet sand paper.

I second a good polishing. I picked up an electric buffer for 30 bucks at a local farm supply company. Makes it a little easier. Its a messy job, but worth the work.