I think I am confused about wheels

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
S

Soldier777

Full Access Members
Reaction score
adapters dont seem any safer than having it drilled. Adapter is basically a spacer right so either way your adding more stress

thevalleyboy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I agree with JD - it's your life and MINE that you are passing on the highway - DO NOT put home made drilled rims on your rig - especially a 6000lbs rig!!! That is why insurance rates go up - and it doesn't look cool - really

Canadian Expy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Don't drill the rims unless there blanks :badidea:
Get the right rims or spacers if you have to..
Just don't drill :badidea::badidea:

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
adapters dont seem any safer than having it drilled. Adapter is basically a spacer right so either way your adding more stress

no...adapters do just that...adapt your pattern to the wheel pattern...03+ expeditions are 6x135...escalade...6x119 or something like that...the adapter will go on my 6x135 and have studs that match 6x119...adapters

spacers creates space between the wheel

walnuts4x4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
but to install the adapters they also push the rim out because they attach to the stock lugs and create new lugs... so in essence the adapters are at least a 1.5" spacer as well... which isn't too bad... mudryder has them with his 38s...