Idle Hours

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Saltwater Soul

Reaction score
I guess I didn't notice this before but I seem to have an inordinate amount of idle hours as a percent of the total. I'm the second owner but it looks like almost 22% of my engine hours are at idle. Previous owner must have sat around a lot. Also looks like lifetime average mph is 30.4.

What percent of engine hours to you all have at idle?

IMG_7756.jpg

Sunflowergirl

Full Access Members
Reaction score
How do you have 502 mi to E!?!? My 2019 only goes up to 354 mi to E.

View attachment 37878
Probably on eco mode or his lie o meter is way off. On my 2016, I can get mine to say about 450 but then about 390-400 miles later it’s dry. Plus as soon as he starts with stop and go traffic that # will drop. As for engine idle hours, that is a ton! This is the one thing ecoboosts hate is idling bc it just consumes a lot of gas and they tend to get hot, then you have the issue of the fans running like a rocket

aggiegrad05

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I guess I didn't notice this before but I seem to have an inordinate amount of idle hours as a percent of the total. I'm the second owner but it looks like almost 22% of my engine hours are at idle. Previous owner must have sat around a lot. Also looks like lifetime average mph is 30.4.

What percent of engine hours to you all have at idle?

View attachment 37877

7c9e1481642ff62b98e3558b4638ca6c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

aggiegrad05

Full Access Members
Reaction score
So you guys use auto start up a lot? Pretty sure that counts towards the hours too

I did until about 5k miles ago. Had to get the eliminator because my aftermarket TVs in the back didn’t like the shut down/restart cycle. The audio shop worked on it for 2 days and couldn’t ever fix it (they tried capacitors and resistors and goat sacrifice and everything else they could...no dice). So I bought the eliminator and moved on with my life. Haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dclr

Reaction score
So you guys use auto start up a lot? Pretty sure that counts towards the hours too
Negative, I've had the auto-start/stop eliminator OBDII plug-in for months.

Just a personal preference for me, it bothered me having to let off the brake for the engine to restart in anticipation of oncoming traffic. That and the a/c stopping while the engine was off..my wife and kids were livid, living deep south so there's that