Idle surge or misfire

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

J_82

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hello everybody.
I have a 16’ xlt Ecoboost with an issue. The rpms surge and drop down a little at idle. It Shakes a little and feels like misfire as well. It don’t have a CEL or DTCs. The truck has 53K miles. It started a few months ago as a slight surge now and then but has recently gotten worse. No other performance issues. Has anyone had this issue or is familiar with this issue? Thanks in advance.

16plati

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hello everybody.
I have a 16’ xlt Ecoboost with an issue. The rpms surge and drop down a little at idle. It Shakes a little and feels like misfire as well. It don’t have a CEL or DTCs. The truck has 53K miles. It started a few months ago as a slight surge now and then but has recently gotten worse. No other performance issues. Has anyone had this issue or is familiar with this issue? Thanks in advance.
Yeah my wife’s 16 limited non el 4x2 does this. 48k miles. Mostly at idle in morning. Idle surge is a common theme in these. Misfires if it’s happening enough will get you a code. Could always just spend the 1hr replacing plugs and see if it fixes it. They are cheap enough

Beckta10

Reaction score
I have the same problem. I’ve ignored it because like you, there are no codes and it otherwise drives just fine.

I do think I have some shift flare going on but I see that as unrelated since it started in the last two weeks and what you’re talking about started months ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk