if i???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HFFH

Full Access Members
Reaction score
if i do a tortion twist on my 99 will it trigger the check suspention light??

Marvo75

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Everything i have read on here i wouldn't think so...Some of the regulars will answer this usually in the evening...But i wouldn't think it would...But I'm new here and don't even own a expy yet...But have been reading daily on them...And that is something i have yet to read about...

walnuts4x4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm guess you have an air ride equipped expy.... since mine doesn't have check suspension light... But i wouldn't think that it would set off the light since it is pre-loading the bars to act like your lifting the front end to get more clearance... I thought the light is only in regards to the electrical part of the air ride... and if you crank the torsion bars you wont need an alignment as long as you measure the sides of expy and turn bolts equal to keep truck level... or if light comes on try doing the TT (Torsion Twist) and reset the computer and see what happens

OP
OP
HFFH

HFFH

Full Access Members
Reaction score
yes my 99 has air ride. im guna try it nexy weekend and see wut happens. when you meassure for ride height after the tt, where are you use as measuring points?

walnuts4x4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
measure from the ground to a body line on the fender... measure before you start then I mark the bolt and the cross member so I can count how many turns to keep it even then drive around on some bumpy roads and then park and remeasure.... o yeah make sure when you measure you are on level ground

OP
OP
HFFH

HFFH

Full Access Members
Reaction score
lasy ? when i go to do the tt should i jack the front end up or leave it on the ground. any idea of how many turns exuals wut height?

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i left mine on the ground. its not to hard to turn the bolts. you can soak them in like wd 40 the night before or even right before. and idk how many turns it was but 2 inches is i think 3 turns around. dont remember. just also remember that the driver side is already cranked a little bit since thats where most of the weight is. ie: driver fuel tank radiator fill brake fluid master cylinder... but your going to turn them about the same but the passenger will still have more turns left. dont crank those. just leave them. my drive wont turn any more and my passenger has maybe 1/4 inch left. i think i need to lower my passenger too.

OP
OP
HFFH

HFFH

Full Access Members
Reaction score
thank you bro my spacers came in 2day guna try 2 do it 2maro