If You Could Do it Over, Would You Buy It?

If you own one and could go back in time, would you buy your truck?

• Yes, I would buy this truck again if I could do it all over.

Votes: 60 83.3%
  • Nope, Not happy with it. I would not have bought it if I new was was in store for me.

Votes: 12 16.7%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Trainmaster

Old School Member
Reaction score
I've heard nothing but bad things about the 4th Generation Expeditions. If you own one and could go back and change your choice to buy it, would you?

Fastcar

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I've heard nothing but bad things about the 4th Generation Expeditions. If you own one and could go back and change your choice to buy it, would you?
Nope! Other that the radio/sync it's been pretty good.

nationalgallery

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Only had it for 4 months now, so unknown future reliability aside, I would absolutely get it again. Fantastic truck, love it. And I had 4 Navigators before this, so it's not my first truck.

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Had a 18 expy, bow have a 20 nav, and loved them both to pieces and so does wifey.

Let's be real, until late 2020, there was no real competition for the 4th gen variants. All vehicles can have issues, so I'm sure these trucks aren't worse than others. As far as how they compare, they still compete well with its competition being on by far the oldest platform besides the armada.

Going_Going_Gone

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Absolutely pleased with ours. It has been almost trouble free, outstanding fit and finish, no fluid leaks, only one major reprogramming issue--mirror fluttering, hands-free lift gate is sort of sketchy, and best thing is that our equipment package included bells and whistles no longer available even on the newest Platinums. Maybe the only other vehicle that could have made for a hard pick would have been if the new Bronco was around. Granted not even similar to the Expedition, and would have been a classic tossup between it's practical and I just want one. In other terms, a want verses a need and the want would probably have won out.

GixxerJasen

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I was dead set on a Sequoia. The gas mileage was my only holdout there. They were taking too long with the new one and the platform in the Tundra was having all the turbo issues. Since that was a cab off repair I didn't want to face that on the new Sequoia and was settling for an older one. I ended up driving my Expedition back to back with a TRD Pro Sequoia just to make sure the big tree was the right decision. That was a huge mistake. I knew the Toyota was a dinosaur but it was in every way. The seats were so uncomfortable, the ride was crap, it was so bad in comparison that I drove right back and bought the Expedition.

I bought it knowing it had the Cam Phaser rattle. I figured, I won't be waiting around to see if it gets it, and I can take care of it with the new part still under warranty. Other than that, it's been great and we've enjoyed it quite a bit. I loved taking six full size adults into the Moab back ccountry away from all the crowds, it got us where we wanted to go and it made the trip there and back in comfort.

I've spent enough time working on my Father in law's Tahoe to know that's not the way I'd go, not sure what else I'd buy. I might look over the new Sequoias in a year or two when they have all the kinks worked out, but so far I think the Expedition might still be the better vehicle. I definitely like my lay flat cargo area and pop open rear window.

Southpawhd

Reaction score
No, I’d get a different one - a limited or higher instead of the XLT. Outside of some quirks, it’s a good vehicle, I’m just missing some amenenties.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sharprd65