Ignition Cylinder ?'s

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

B

bedrck46

you should need just one key in order to program more keys yourself check you owners manual buy the keys on e-bay have them cut and follow the procedure

OP
OP
lve2wheel

lve2wheel

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Oh sweet I didnt know I could program them myself once i had one. Thanks bedrck46!!! always so helpful! Again much appreciated. I'll have to see if I still have the manual. I think it's that dusty thing in the bottom of the glove box.

B

bedrck46

if you don't you can download a copy at owner.ford.com or let me know and i'll send you the instructions

B

bedrck46

Key Programming — Spare Key
NOTE: Before starting this procedure, make sure the key(s) you want to program have the correct mechanical cut.

NOTE: Performing this procedure does not erase existing programmed keys.

Insert the programmed key in the ignition. Turn to RUN.
THEFT indicator proves out after two seconds.
Remove the programmed key.
Within 15 seconds, insert the new key in the ignition and turn to RUN.
THEFT indicator proves out after two seconds.
The extra key is now programmed.

OP
OP
lve2wheel

lve2wheel

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Always top notch info bedrck! If you're not an admin here you should be. I haven't seen you give faulty info or unsure answers to anyone. And always provide as much info, specs, diagrams, as you can. It's very helpful. And you don't even get paid for it.