Illuminated Door Sill Plates

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rexster314

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I just got these off Ebay. Really look great, and I've figured out the wiring kinda. Anyone have any tips on where to tap into a power source? Looks like I'll have to drill into the plastic sill plate so the power cord can be hidden.
Any help appreciated

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes...lighter source...can u post pics? I've been interested in that myself...but want custom with my name

FLAWLEZZ RYDERZ VP VA 757 Chapter

jstrut

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Post pics please! I just lit up my door handles and tapped into the courtesy light on the door panel so that they come on with the lock/unlock and when the doors open but I dont know if thats just a first gen thing or not.

OP
OP
R

rexster314

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Well, the lighter source won't work as I don't want them on all the time, just when the courtesy lights come on when the doors are opened

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Courtesy lights then...

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Post pics please! I just lit up my door handles and tapped into the courtesy light on the door panel so that they come on with the lock/unlock and when the doors open but I dont know if thats just a first gen thing or not.

Where u live...I want to do same thing...nervous bout doing it though myself with the drilling...do you have write up and pics?

jstrut

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Where u live...I want to do same thing...nervous bout doing it though myself with the drilling...do you have write up and pics?

I'm just west of Lansing,MI in Grand Ledge. I don't have any pics yet cuz I only did the drivers door to se if I liked it. I'll take a pic tonite when it gets dark and post it. It went a lot easier than I thought it would. I used a section of strip lighting like on your wheels.

OP
OP
R

rexster314

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'm just west of Lansing,MI in Grand Ledge. I don't have any pics yet cuz I only did the drivers door to se if I liked it. I'll take a pic tonite when it gets dark and post it. It went a lot easier than I thought it would. I used a section of strip lighting like on your wheels.

Where's the easiest place to tap into courtesy light wiring? I don't have a problem drilling a hole in the plastic door sills, just don't want to crawl this 65 year old body upside down trying to find a wire

Last edited:

RI-Matt

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Rexster314, are these the Official Ford Accessory ones or aftermarket ?

The official Ford ones should have come with directions for wiring and drilling.

Matt