im at the end of my rope with my expedition

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ajchapman3

Reaction score
so i dont know what else to fix on this truck i have replaced the heads brand new new throttle body new MAF re worked injectors replaced IMRC in back of manifold new cats and re flashed ecu and still runs like crap sometimes it sounds like a like load clucking sounds and rpms drop but i give it gas and the noise goes away and it only does it sometimes and when i reach 2K rpms it feels like its hesitating put if i floor it it picks up...any ideas

toms89

technical advisor
Reaction score
The 3v motors have known issues with cam phasers and their variable valve timing. You may look into that but honestly have no idea based on your desciption.

I hope you not just replacing parts in hopes of hitting the correct one. It should be properly diagnosed and tested. If you are taking it to a shop or dealer it sounds as if they are doing just that (replacing parts in hopes of "fixing it"). I would try another shop.

05Eddie

Reaction score
Maybe

Mine was doing the same thing around 35-45 mph cutting in and out and make all kinds of noises, then i would punch it and it would smooth out. Turned out to be a bad coil pack on mine. Hope this helps..

05Eddie

fitzy67

Reaction score
Coil over packs

Mine was doing the same thing around 35-45 mph cutting in and out and make all kinds of noises, then i would punch it and it would smooth out. Turned out to be a bad coil pack on mine. Hope this helps..

05Eddie

I had the same problem with my 2000 Expy. I cleaned the MAS, changed fuel filter, changed TBS and many other things. Mine was throwing codes though. I think it was PO108. I ended up changing the coil over plug packs on one of the cylinders. It ran like new after that. They run about 60$ each. I bought two and ended up using it within the next year. If you end up changing plugs be careful as the Windsor engines have been known to blow out plugs.