Inbound with baggage...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sean Zerges

Reaction score
Joined a while ago, but have not been active. Been a little busy trying to keep this truck on the road. Our 2010 is a p.o.s. compared to the '04 Eddie we had.

Current issues I'm working through include:

Open issues:
- AC/heated seats, harness grounding pin melted (visual inspection)
- 4WD not locking front axle, grinding noise front passenger when power applied
- Moon roof channel hardware broken
- Rear windshield wiper motor and/or control arm
- Wheel speed sensor(s)
- A/C blower intermittent in 85+ degree temps (already replaced cable harness/plug and the resistor as recommended - still not working)
- Motorized step bars rotted and fell off (literally)
- Rocker panels severe rust (even though the truck is washed at least weekly and immediately after roads salted/cleared)
- Rear windshield defogger works on 1 of the lines, all else freezes over
- Towing lights couple does not work
- DVD player screen does not work intermittently
- Brake fluid pump circuit error code (new this week)
- TPMS, lose one every time a shop touches the tires
- DVD nav data needs upgrade
- Pretty sure transmission needs an overhaul at a minimum

None of the is includes the thousands we've spent on it since it was bought used on '16 w/ 80k miles. It had a 100k warranty on it, but of course nothing breaks until you pass that mark.

Thank you in advance for any assistance this site provides.

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Let me guess, trans is giving you a rumble strip feeling. Change the fluid and that will likely go away. Rocker panels will have to be replaced eventually obviously, while not integral or absolutely needed eventually it should be done just because well......because. 4WD is probably a vacuum issue. As at as the rest that’s why I’m not a fan of all the extra bells and whistles.

BillAlex

Reaction score
Any sounds coming out of the timing chain cover? Rattles, tic's or sounds like a chain saw? Sounds like you have some work ahead of you on some other issues. Great place to hide in the weeds and start projects. They do love photos here though. Good luck with your project.

Plati

Reaction score
- Rocker panels severe rust (even though the truck is washed at least weekly and immediately after roads salted/cleared)
My opinion on the Rocker Rust is that you can wash until you are blue in the face and it doesnt prevent rust from the inside of the RP. There's holes on the underside / inside that let road salt in where it goes to work 24 hrs a day. Washing does nothing to clear that out.

You have to get at it preemptively and keep the corrosion from starting. To test my theory, and avoid rust (hopefully) first I flushed out the inside of the RP in the spring & then I did Krown treatment. Now (fall) I'm getting ready do another round of spraying more anti-corrosion barrier (Fluid Film) inside there. I'm working on how to seal up the big holes (gorilla tape, rubber plugs, various ideas). In the spring I'll open up the holes, flush it out again and redo the process. This test will take years to see if it helps. Can't wait!

You cant fully seal that off ... so at the very least an annual flush & coat will be the main defense. I dont like rust.
IMG_0119.JPG

Last edited: