Inlet heater hose replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KlBNgBMom

Reaction score
My inlet heater hose was leaking drastically on my 2018 Expedition MAX XLT. My husband is trying to replace it himself but cannot get the hose released from the front. He has it disconnected from the rear. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get this released? Is not the quick connect either he's trying to get released; it's the actual hose. TIA

S20Workstation4

Reaction score
I remember doing this on my 2019 Expedition. Down in the front where it connects near the engine, I ended up using one hand to push against the part where the hose goes into (to prevent it from breaking, as it was bending when I pulled on the hose. I used my other hand, with a pair of vice grips, grabbed onto the hose and start wiggling back and forth/side to side, while pulling it off the connection.

It ended up taking about 30 minutes just to get that hose off, it was a pain in the neck. Patience is key here, as it is very easy to break the connection when trying to pull it off.

Hope this helps,
- Joseph

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tifanydire