Inside rear view mirror destroyed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Artie

Full Access Members
Reaction score
How bad is the mirror? What a weird thing to destroy... especially with all the other easier to reach and more expensive items in the car to chew up.

OP
OP
tim5055

tim5055

Reaction score
How bad is the mirror? What a weird thing to destroy... especially with all the other easier to reach and more expensive items in the car to chew up.
It’s bad, chewed up big time. There is no salvaging this one....

Once the sun is fully up I’m going to look more, but there is also a wire coming down from the console that goes to some sort of sensor that appears to have been double stick taped to the forward side of the mirror.

Looking around more the passenger side A pillar grab handle is chewed too, but not too bad.

Artie

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It’s bad, chewed up big time. There is no salvaging this one....

Once the sun is fully up I’m going to look more, but there is also a wire coming down from the console that goes to some sort of sensor that appears to have been double stick taped to the forward side of the mirror.

Looking around more the passenger side A pillar grab handle is chewed too, but not too bad.
Uh oh... clearly the pup has a taste for the finer things. Good luck!

Artie

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I’m just glad it wasn’t the steering wheel or the seats.....
That behavior could earn a trip to the pound. I had dogs most of my life but I’ve gone without the last 7 years and I’ve never looked back. Yeah they are great for unconditional love and all but they seem to excel at property damage and exorbitant costs and make vacation planning a pain in the butt.

OP
OP
tim5055

tim5055

Reaction score
That behavior could earn a trip to the pound. I had dogs most of my life but I’ve gone without the last 7 years and I’ve never looked back. Yeah they are great for unconditional love and all but they seem to excel at property damage and exorbitant costs and make vacation planning a pain in the butt.
Yea, that’s not gonna happen. I don’t blame the dogs for my stupidity. Plus, they are a lot less expensive than kids......

Artie

Full Access Members
Reaction score
they are a lot less expensive than kids......
I’ve never understood why people make this comparison. Hardly anyone chooses companions based on cost and if they did there are far cheaper options than canines. Comparing humans with any other species in regards to companionship seems even stranger. Besides, my ‘pound’ comment was somewhat sarcastic... hard to come across via text so apologies for that.

Bill Schell

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I’m just glad it wasn’t the steering wheel or the seats.....

Yea, truth is his decision could have been much more costly. Still, that he chose the rear view mirror is odd. Time for a cargo pet barrier and a nice chew bone. I just purchased and installed one of these and it is of good construction and fits the space very well (currently on sale). I bought a pack of 4" diameter, beige, heavy felt furniture pads at Lowes to position between the top support feet and the roof liner.

https://www.chewy.com/petsafe-deluxe-tubular-car-pet/dp/107150

Deadman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
There would be one more gunshot if a dog did that crap to my mirror.

Even with a dog thrashing around in there, I can't imagine what that whole interior must look like......

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PaulMedik