Installed Mirror Sequential Turn Signals

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Trainmaster

Old School Member
Reaction score
My biggest problem in creating this type of thing is in finding quality parts. I can spend hours on a project like this only to be burned by some cheap ebay Chinese part that fails in a month.

night vision

Reaction score
That's a very nice modification. One thing I've wondered about doing is changing out the blind spot monitor LED with a much brighter one. I can easily see the one in my wife's Toyota Avalon in my periphery, but my 2017 Expedition I have to be looking in that general direction. Looks like from the one photo of the rear side of the mirror you can just pull it out.

tommyddsr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thanks.

It ain’t for everyone but anytime I mod the black sheep of Ford’s SUVs I always want to share, maybe someone else will get inspired and build up from what I’ve done.
I just might have to do this. One quick question for another mirror project. Does the mirror head, not just the glass, separate from the mirror arm? I'm going to route cables for a side video cam through the arm. Thanks.

OP
OP
T

TXFRDOwner

Full Access Members
Reaction score
That's a very nice modification. One thing I've wondered about doing is changing out the blind spot monitor LED with a much brighter one. I can easily see the one in my wife's Toyota Avalon in my periphery, but my 2017 Expedition I have to be looking in that general direction. Looks like from the one photo of the rear side of the mirror you can just pull it out.
OEM Ford Glass (1).jpgOEM Ford Glass (2).jpg

OP
OP
T

TXFRDOwner

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My biggest problem in creating this type of thing is in finding quality parts. I can spend hours on a project like this only to be burned by some cheap ebay Chinese part that fails in a month.

So So True, but that's the gamble ... hence I bought two sets of those LED strips ... Total $12.00

If one of them fails, I got backup :)

OP
OP
T

TXFRDOwner

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I just might have to do this. One quick question for another mirror project. Does the mirror head, not just the glass, separate from the mirror arm? I'm going to route cables for a side video cam through the arm. Thanks.
it does to a certain extent, You will have to fish the Cam wires thru the same space the other OEM wires are passing through. That's what I did when I added my blindspot wires. Taped the wires to a wire hanger with electrical tape, added a little bit of dielectric grease to help with any friction or resistance when pushing through that tunnel (for lack of better terms)

OP
OP
T

TXFRDOwner

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Stupid question: how did you take the mirror apart to do this?

Searched the net for 09-14 F150 Mirror Disassembly pictures & videos ... and whatever was different from the F150's mirror I kinda figured it out patiently (i sure didnt wanna break anything to only get pissed at myself LOL)