integrated trailer brake controller help!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

alaskafrontier

Reaction score
I just purchased a 2013 expedition el xl with tow package that did not come with the integrated controller. it does have the 7 pin etc. My question is can i install the integrated controller and have computer flashed to utilize it??? i really really want the integrated controller for the sway control in emergency. I do have a tekonsha p3 i can use but id prefer the integrated one. manufacture date of truck was february of 13

JUST4FUN

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Im thinking that its more that just placing it in the dash and flashing the computer. That must be why they call it integrated, their must be something like a gyroscope type thing to monitor motion so buy something like a equalizer hitch that will stop sway

OP
OP
A

alaskafrontier

Reaction score
well it has the hd tow package and trailer sway control. everything is there except the integrated controller which should be plug and play in the lower dash and ecm flash.

JUST4FUN

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
user,FordCustSrvc can help you with this have your VIN # and drop them a PM

FordCustSrvc

Full Access Members
Reaction score
user,FordCustSrvc can help you with this have your VIN # and drop them a PM
Thanks for the shout out, JUST4FUN!

I'm working with alaskafrontier now and awaiting the requested info.

Have a great day and thanks again for the mention! :happy107:

Tricia

balaguru

Reaction score
Just curious: did you ever get this working? I have a 2013 xlt 4x4 without the 7 pin connector. The dealer added all the HD tow parts including the 7 pin connector but could not get the ITBC to work. Apparently, the wiring wasn't the issue. The ITBC powered up and could be interrogated with the ford module programmer but the instrument cluster could not recognize the controller. Unlike the F150 where you can enable it with the module programmer some expeditions, probably base model ones, come with instrument clusters that just don't seem to have that ability.

blackdragon

Reaction score
Just caught this post and saw a mention of user "FordCustSrvc" can help with this topic but omw to work and don't have vin handy till later but just a quick question meanwhile...I have an 05 Expo and wondering if ecm has to be flashed like the 07?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited: