Intelligent key, proximity unlocking

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

creef14

Full Access Members
Reaction score
On my wife’s 17 Escape you walk up with the key in your pocket, grab the door handle and it unlocks.

On my 17 Expy I have to hit a button on the door keypad for the door to unlock. I don’t have to take the key out but I do have to press the button.

Is there a way to make it so I can just grab and go? ForScan maybe?

16plati

Full Access Members
Reaction score
On my wife’s 17 Escape you walk up with the key in your pocket, grab the door handle and it unlocks.

On my 17 Expy I have to hit a button on the door keypad for the door to unlock. I don’t have to take the key out but I do have to press the button.

Is there a way to make it so I can just grab and go? ForScan maybe?
No, her escape has a lock/unlock sensor built into the door handle sonas long as the key is close enough, whether out or in a pocket, it will open. I just push a button on the key pad to get in if I don’t feel like taking keys out

OP
OP
C

creef14

Full Access Members
Reaction score
No, her escape has a lock/unlock sensor built into the door handle sonas long as the key is close enough, whether out or in a pocket, it will open. I just push a button on the key pad to get in if I don’t feel like taking keys out

Thanks. That’s what I thought.

Figured I’d ask on the off chance I was missing something

mossback

2017 Limited EL
Reaction score
I wouldn't rule out the possibility entirely. The truck has the sensor and knows/acknowledges when the FOB is in close proximity. Hence the ability to just press a key to open the door. The hardware seems to all be in place (sensor and remote unlock). It could be something that, with the correct parameter adjusted, can be enabled with ForScan. While searching for secure idle I did quite a bit of trial and error in there. Many possibilities but it can be tricky/risky to just poke around. Makes one appreciate the time and effort that went into the various settings spreadsheets out there.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnjohn205