iPad Mini indash 97 expedition

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
A

alaskanate

Reaction score
Thanks man! I'm pretty sure I saw yours going down arctic spur road, I work right there at the turn off. I love the headlights you have, goes really nice with the paint. Haven't seen that color anywhere. And thanks for noticing, I'm not sure anyone really notices the pillars, because it should've came like that factory. The explorers and excursions are all color matched, why not the expeditions??? That's how I felt at least anyway haha

alaskanexpy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
thank you, i've been debating getting a paintable grill and going with black headlights but then again i like the chrome so idk

and yeah i painted my pillers to match too, much cleaner look in my opinion also.

oh and yes arctic spur is on my lunch route i work over off potter. I switch off driving my expedition and excursion...

OP
OP
A

alaskanate

Reaction score
Lol, well if you ever get rid of those headlights let me know, and I think I'm going to come into a new chrome grille\fascia. Mines cracked under the headlight, and I always wondered how chrome would look. I need a new front bumper as well. Is there even much of a difference between the two in mpg? Mine sucks, around 11.5 on a good day

alaskanexpy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
haha! i'm happy if i see double digits!! my average with the expedition is about 11mpg 90% of my driving is in town. my average for the excursion v10 (and the 2 others i had just like it before) is about 9mpg. enough to write home about? no. MPG is not much of a concern for me.

yeah i need a new front bumper also...mine happened to smack the rear end of a undercover APD expedition a few years back.

OP
OP
A

alaskanate

Reaction score
Yeah I want to replace mine but no one has a 99+ up bumper i want....I used to hate the bumper on the 97/98 but I've grown to like it a little bit, looks more aggressive if I want to lift it or so.

z168

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Wish I was this crafty. eagerly awaiting pics of the final product

markosmail

Reaction score
I want to do similar with my expedition, only I want to tie in with a pass-through device and poll all the modules possible in the truck, then I can run a tuner directly from it, as well as reset my controls. (I saw a vid a couple months ago where a guy did just that, it started from him wanting touse the volume up/down on his steering wheel for his Tablet)

OP
OP
A

alaskanate

Reaction score
sorry about the wait! ive had only just started working on it again last weekend, sanded all the texture off to uncover all the cracks amd flaws. cracks were really bad at the top where the fiberglass met plastic amd i fixed this with a little bit of CA glue and a nice lip of bondo. everything else was pretty straight foward, still not finished. need to cover more with some paint then onto the wet sanding and glue the suede back in! i have to say the ipad/stereo intergration work flawlessly, as soon as i turn key the music starts where it left off and all controls from ipad or stereo. (though new stupid update is all white and much worse, cant swipe music or anything and get lost often) but here we go WP_20131002_005.jpg
WP_20131004_004.jpg
WP_20131004_009.jpg
and this just shows how the ipad sits amd doesnt fall out due to the magnet and lip at the bottom of the piece WP_20130825_013.jpg and also sueded my console...blurry WP_20130925_021.jpg

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PotatoesSE