Is There A Canned CAI Tune For 3rd Gen Expys?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jmciver

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I thought Superchips had one for the F-150 with the same 5.4L engine that could be used on the Expedition. Unfortunately, that trick may have worked in the past, but Superchips (specifically the Cortex 1950) will not let you use the F-150 CAI tune on the Expeditions now.

Does Hypertech or any of the others have a CAI tune for the Expedition, or is custom tuning the only answer?

DF5.4

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'm using the Superchips 1950 with the F-150 CAI tune and the K&N intake on mine. I have been using it since the released the CAI tunes. The truck runs great with it. I have not tried it with the non CAI tunes and the K&N.

Try going to the Superchips forum (The Official Superchips Forum ) and ask about it there. There is a guy named RON @ SUPERCHIPS. I have worked with him a couple of times and he will get you an answer on this.

OP
OP
J

jmciver

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I also have the Cortex 1950 now. Ron on the forum is the guy who told me they don't have a CAI tune for the Expedition.

And then when I told him I wanted to do what you are doing, which is to use the F-150 tune since it is the same engine (I also have a K&N intake) he told me it would not work because the F-150 and Expedition are different weights (which does not sound right to me, but what do I know???)

Last edited: