Is there a way to mute the parking sensor when backing a trailer?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It’s super annoying when I’m backing a boat or trailer and that noise is constant.

Did you read your vehicle owner’s manual?

On my 2015, I can temporarily disable the front or rear sensors (when they activate) by pushing a button on the steering wheel controls - based upon the DIC display message.

Squark

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Also, if you hook up the trailer lights with the ignition on the Expy will automatically disable the parking sensors and extend the blind spot monitor (if you have the trailer length configured).

OP
OP
CecilTheMagician

CecilTheMagician

Reaction score
Did you read your vehicle owner’s manual?

On my 2015, I can temporarily disable the front or rear sensors (when they activate) by pushing a button on the steering wheel controls - based upon the DIC display message.
Uhh no I didn’t read the owners manual

le7nfNr51pwEn7FGn36Xgxhe19j2yK1PIm_4h5awNAc.gif

Fozzy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You might have something wrong with your trailer wiring. Even if you don't plug in the trailer when the Expy is running. Upon start up it will find the trailer and go through the warning OK's.

Squark

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You might have something wrong with your trailer wiring. Even if you don't plug in the trailer when the Expy is running. Upon start up it will find the trailer and go through the warning OK's.
Ah, I couldn't remember for sure if you had to have the Expy running. I know you need it running when you disconnect or it'll keep thinking the trailer is hooked up.

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Uhh no I didn’t read the owners manual

I’d bet any magician worth his salt could make that sound disappear with the snap of his fingers............

Larry McNeil

Reaction score
Also, if you hook up the trailer lights with the ignition on the Expy will automatically disable the parking sensors and extend the blind spot monitor (if you have the trailer length configured).
How do I configure the trailer length? I do not find that capability on my 2017 KR.