It looks like Goodbye...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gamecock

Full Access Members
Reaction score
So my already shit start to 2019 got shittier last week.....comes in 3's.

The transmission on my 07' EL EB is dead. It went into limp mode on way to taking my son to baseball practice. Left me with 3rd gear only and I was able to take backroads to get home. Had it diagnosed at my local garage that is reputable and knows Fords, and my vehicle. Quote is $4900 for a reman Ford tranny.

I bought the vehicle to get my parents out of it so I still owe on it and now its just not a hole I want to dig. SO, my only real choice is to sell it as is with a big drop in price for the tranny.

In the North ATL area if anyone interested. Expo is really nice beyond the tranny. I'm sure someone could find a tranny cheaper and have a great truck or flip it for a little profit. I just don't have the time with all else going on.

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I've seen these trannies for <$1k, try craigslist or junkyards

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
That's just sad. Your parents are in dire strait's, so it's a good thing your doing, it's called a Mitzvah. You give money to family, and never expect it back, especially if it's your parents. Think about all the sacrifices they did for you. I'm with Adieu, find a cheaper tranny. Your in the Atlanta area, theirs 3 pick and pulls, find a mobile mechanic that can help keep price down. If you have a automotive school in or near Atlanta, get ahold of them, time permitting, they will do labor for free, a learning experience for the students, you pay for the parts. We used to do this in San Francisco when I was in school back in the 70's, I'm sure they do it today. That's how the students get vehicles to work on. Good luck to you.

Sent from my N9131 using Tapatalk

TobyU

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I third that ^^^^

You should be able to go to any trans shop and get it fixed or rebuilt with 12/12000 or 12/15000 warranty for 2400 or less.

I always go for used swap though cause I'm cheap and broke.

jeff kushner

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Any Gamecock living in Yellow Jacket or Bulldog country can't be half-bad....but good on ys for looking out for mom & dad. Repair is the way to go but I also understand the hassle of paying out a ton of cash and getting a better price for the work.

Good luck,

jeff

Nothing like attending a game with all those "little black dresses"......I NEVER missed parents day!

TORNIT07

Reaction score
MY '07 expy did exact same at 105,000 miles. No warning...just happened out of the blue. Turned out to be the TCM which is integral with valve body inside transmission. Dealership wanted something like $1,300 just for part & close to another $1,000 in labor & additional parts/fluid.

I searched online & found part new for about $750 from Tasca auto parts, I believe. Told dealership, they matched price. I got out for around $1,800 or so. I could have replaced it myself but it required programming, etc. If transmission was working fine before, perhaps this may be your issue & you might could try same approach?

This was about five years ago, maybe the pat is a bit less $ now. Good luck to you.

OP
OP
Gamecock

Gamecock

Full Access Members
Reaction score
So the Expo is gone. Towed off today. I let it go instead of fixing it, just don't have the money or time....just cut bait and I'm sure I lost money but...

IMG_2549.JPG

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well hopefully someone got a good truck for cheap that only costs a grand to fix. May they get many happy trouble free miles with it.