Jump starters?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ganchan

Reaction score
Today my 2000 Exp passed a battery check, but not by much. It starts the engine OK, but I'm told it's down to about 65% or so. I'm going on a two-week road trip, so I'm thinking maybe I ought to buy a portable jump starter. Anybody have any specific recommendations?

Plati

Reaction score
Today my 2000 Exp passed a battery check, but not by much. It starts the engine OK, but I'm told it's down to about 65% or so. I'm going on a two-week road trip, so I'm thinking maybe I ought to buy a portable jump starter. Anybody have any specific recommendations?
My recommendation = buy a new battery if its 65% "gone"
Charge it if its 65% charged, and find out why its not fully charged.
Buy jumper cables if you cant afford a new battery
Buy this if you want a standalone backup jump capability
https://www.cloreautomotive.com/sku.php?id=539
Most of all, have a great trip!

OP
OP
G

ganchan

Reaction score
The exact results were:

Measured: 558 CCA
Rated: 700 CCA
Temperature: 77F
Voltage: 12.52
"Good - Recheck soon"
"Your battery performance has started to decline and may fail to start the vehicle below 31F. Consider replacing your battery before it is exposed to extreme temperatures."

I'll be in Albuquerque, Flagstaff and Las Vegas, so it may be pretty cold first thing in the mornings....

Last edited:

Clemson82

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I bought this one and it's pretty cool. Very small and it has an A/C outlet for laptops and such. They even use an Expedition in their advertisement on QVC. I've only used it twice; once to jump my garden tractor, and once to help a lady with a dead battery in a parking lot. Check for discount codes and free shipping on their website.

My battery is a relatively new yellow top, but you never know when you're going to need it.

https://www.halo2cloud.com/collections/halo-bolt/products/halo-bolt-acdc-58830