Just bought my first Expy. Not sure what I want to do with it...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cruiseomatic

Reaction score
Long story short, This thing got left abandoned at someones office for unknown reasons for about a year until the property owner called PD about it. I was sent to pick it up and no one came to get it so when it went up for auction at work, I had the highest bid....Unfortunately. However, A week before I got the call, My wife said she wanted one when we were at the boneyards looking for a console to install in my '04 Superduty.
At first glance it didn't look THAT bad. Once I began tearing into it though.....
Heres a video I did on it the day I took possession of this POS and started work. There will be a short update video soon. I'll upload some pictures once I figure out how to do so here.
If I decide to keep it, I'll have lots of questions on it. Not my first ford but every model is different. As you'll see in the video, I've got an '04 F350 6.0, An '89 F150 with the Straight 6, And in the far background, A 87 F250 with a 6.9 and both the 80's trucks are projects on hold sadly and my wife has a '12 Escape that this Ex could soon be replacing.

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I wouldn't have taken it even if you paid me to take it.

If your "Not sure what I want to do with it..."
Then why did you buy it???

The only good thing you said about it is that its a POS And you brought it for the wife??

Its Easter get her some flowers instead

OP
OP
C

Cruiseomatic

Reaction score
Last edited:

Flexpedition

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Wouldn’t put any time or effort into that. Too far gone, there is a reason somebody walked away from it. What’s the mileage?

OP
OP
C

Cruiseomatic

Reaction score
232K. The interior panels look like they'll clean up pretty good. Couple small things inside and from there its engine issues. And mostly its just undoing what some lazy slop hack of a taco eating wanna-be mechanic did. And amazingly it doesn't have fram filters on it. STP instead. Not much better but atleast its not the cheapest... And after pricing some parts last night and assessing all of it , Doesn't look to be to much to bring this one back from the dead so I think, I'll keep it. Not only is it something my wife can learn on, Its also something shes been wanting and today is our anniversary so it was my gift to her this year and she loves it knowing what I can do to turn it around.
IF, This thing goes beyond the $1500 budget I set aside, Then I'll be stripping all the parts, Selling them, And crushing the shell.
A clean one private party is around $3K asking. I got this one for just at $500. Not even since I was paid to remove it from the property.
Just ironic, I've got two classic trucks I need to get finished and can't but she'll let me spend cash for this POS. Gotta love marriage, Lol.

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You said it best POS
If your ever up this way let me know
I have a bridge for sale CHEAP you sound like you would be interested