Just Got a New 2023 Expedition Limited Max - Love It

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Alex Taylor

Alex Taylor

Reaction score
Also just to add a few, quick first impressions vs. my 2020 Platinum Max:

- Seems to have more HP. (It shouldn't I believe the 2020 Platinums came with 400 HP / 480 Tq) but that's how it feels. (New motor so will know more soon.)
- Ride is stiffer than my 2020. Again could be new shocks, but definitely a slightly rougher ride.
- New Infotainment system is cool but still figuring it out a bit. Miss the physical buttons.
- AC vents are smaller (I live in AZ so gotta have the AC) and while it seems to blow just as hard I have to angle them a bit more to blow on my face.
- Heated steering wheels doesn't get quite as, "Hot" as my 2020.
- Cooled seats don't seem to cool as aggressively vs. 2020.
- No plastic engine cover. Not sure if that's to reduce heat or cost. Not a big deal just noting its absence.
- No under hood insulation, again not sure why in AZ I don't need the engine to be any hotter so likely just a cost reduction by Ford.

Overall though I am liking the 2023, no regrets simply sharing my very first impressions.

Lastly and this is more psychological my 2020 had a black interior and this one has the light one and it's definitely a, "Mood brightener" especially with the sunroof open. I know there are lots of studies on colors and how they affect people (which is why most of our homes have lightly colored walls, vs. red or black) so figuring this is why. It's a very pleasant place to be / drive in.

So far so good!

Alex

Mr Big

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Congrats!
I am about to get a 2 year lease on a Expedition Max Plat.

What is the mat you have in the back? I need something like that to protect the carpet when Im loading it with boxes.
I looked at that one and instead got the Ford mat because it is hard rubber, matches my other mats and folds right with the seat.
EXPEDITION EL 2020-2023 CARGO AREA LINER

Mr Big

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Also just to add a few, quick first impressions vs. my 2020 Platinum Max:

- Seems to have more HP. (It shouldn't I believe the 2020 Platinums came with 400 HP / 480 Tq) but that's how it feels. (New motor so will know more soon.)
- Ride is stiffer than my 2020. Again could be new shocks, but definitely a slightly rougher ride.
Lastly and this is more psychological my 2020 had a black interior and this one has the light one and it's definitely a, "Mood brightener" especially with the sunroof open. I know there are lots of studies on colors and how they affect people (which is why most of our homes have lightly colored walls, vs. red or black) so figuring this is why. It's a very pleasant place to be / drive in.

So far so good!

Alex
Congratulations on the new ride. My interior is that color and I absolutely love it, especially in Florida.
As you drive it, it will learn patterns and road stability and adjust. It will either stay peppy or get doggy and float more.
My Platinum is a pre-owned and it just didn't feel right, performance wise. So my Son came over with his FORScan and wiped out the memory, and put it back as it was a new vehicle. The performance was scary different and it didn't float as much.

wannabeMtb

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thanks gents! And for gaps assuming there are/will be gapping issues in the dash somewhere? It's under warranty for 3 years so appreciate the heads up now so I can watch out for it.

Overall having 3 Expeditions (all with the Ecoboost) they have been exceptionally reliable (and I live in AZ do driving in 115-120 degrees) so super happy with it so far.

Question for you all though, and yes I've used the search function, are there any tunes available for the 2023 model year? I reached out to 5 star (called and emailed them twice on this) but they have yet to respond. I had a 5 star tune on my 2020 Exp and loved it.

Nice SUV. Can I ask how many miles do you have on your previous expeditions ? Curious about the reliability.

OP
OP
Alex Taylor

Alex Taylor

Reaction score
I looked at that one and instead got the Ford mat because it is hard rubber, matches my other mats and folds right with the seat.
EXPEDITION EL 2020-2023 CARGO AREA LINER

Thanks for sharing. I have Ford points which I believe I can redeem for a Mat like this (so it would be free to me) so will take a look, thanks!

Appreciate all other feedback as well.

Alex

RABAYL01

Reaction score
Thanks gents! And for gaps assuming there are/will be gapping issues in the dash somewhere? It's under warranty for 3 years so appreciate the heads up now so I can watch out for it.

Overall having 3 Expeditions (all with the Ecoboost) they have been exceptionally reliable (and I live in AZ do driving in 115-120 degrees) so super happy with it so far.

Question for you all though, and yes I've used the search function, are there any tunes available for the 2023 model year? I reached out to 5 star (called and emailed them twice on this) but they have yet to respond. I had a 5 star tune on my 2020 Exp and loved it.

For the tuning questions: look up Livernois tuning, they have the programmer tuning for a 2022+ Expedition and I do not see any difference since the 22M refresh.

Mr Big

Full Access Members
Reaction score
For the tuning questions: look up Livernois tuning, they have the programmer tuning for a 2022+ Expedition and I do not see any difference since the 22M refresh.

I was told custom tuning a NEW Ford under factory and powertrain warranty , could void certain repairs under the warranty.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tifanydire