My 0-60 MPH 2023 Ford Expedition Max Limited

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Alex Taylor

Reaction score
Just ran this, it appears to be right at 6 seconds with a full gas tank (28 gallon tank, so +224 lbs right there) on 91 Octane (sadly 93 is not available in Arizona) and a Max which of course weighs more. It feels much faster than even my tuned Ford Expedition Platinum Max but do you all think it's fast/slow/right where it should be?

This motor feels much stronger than in my 2020 Expedition despite on paper them being (nearly) identical in HP & TQ.

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-2cSi3hbTM

Thanks.

Alex

jjscsix

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Right at 6 seconds sound about right. Cant really explain the buttdyno saying it’s quicker than a tuned EB.
I agree. I’m a huge car junkie and have been for 60 years. I’ve done some drag racing in Corvettes and road raced Motorcyles.

I’ve read all the tests I can find and 6.0 on a max sounds about right. The sweet spot though is to put it in Sport mode, hold steady at 45 mph and nail it. It’s someone stunning at how hard it accelerates For what it is. BTW, mine is a rear drive non-Max with the 3.73 axle

XeBeast

Reaction score
Do you have the 304a package?

You have to have it in at least 4A for traction, if not it will reduce power so the rear tires wont spin.
Boost doesn't build until you shift into 2nd gear.

OP
OP
Alex Taylor

Alex Taylor

Reaction score
Awesome thanks everybody. I have the tow package as well so the gear ratio probably helps just a bit much appreciated. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving everybody.

SyndicateZ

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Do you have the 304a package?

You have to have it in at least 4A for traction, if not it will reduce power so the rear tires wont spin.
Boost doesn't build until you shift into 2nd gear.
Is this true? You have to keep it in 4a so that you you get the full power in sport mode?

Haha - I always switched it back to 2h after going in sport mode and never realized this would just reduce power....

jjscsix

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Awesome thanks everybody. I have the tow package as well so the gear ratio probably helps just a bit much appreciated. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving everybody.
BTW, do you ever confused with the other Alex Taylor “gear head” on TV?

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Is this true? You have to keep it in 4a so that you you get the full power in sport mode?

Haha - I always switched it back to 2h after going in sport mode and never realized this would just reduce power....
No, power is the same, traction is not. If the rear spins, it pulls power unless you also turned off Traction Control. 4A will get you a better launch. My best 0-60's in our Tuned 2020 are Sport, 4A, Traction Control off, Stability Enabled(So single press), Simulated Lock engaged. Stand on brake, push RPM's to about 2500, and release brake.

Deadman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If this has a tow pack and the other one does not, you will absolutely feel it. I test drove 2 back to back when before I bought mine, and holy hell the non tow pack was just absolutely LAZY in comparison because of the highway gears.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tifanydire