Just ordered a 2020 Expedition

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They aren’t closing in on the ceiling yet on HD trucks, they could make one that MSRP’s at $125,000 and it would still sell like hot cakes. Interest is still lower, payments can be spread out and most can afford them hence why everyone is doing it more and more. Personally I still like the King Ranch interior better than the Platinum or Limited. I grew up in King Ranch trucks though so I’m biased I suppose. I can’t afford them but it sure must be nice!

OP
OP
T

Ted Kramer

Full Access Members
Reaction score
So paying "more" is justifiable? interesting.
What's interesting as you read "it netted out" and assumed I'm paying more. I'm not. The incentive the dealer was going to give me (no where near the $15k you quoted) was going to be eaten up by the fact that I'm not out of my lease for 90 days and they'd make me still make those payments. No lease pull forward like other manufacturers. Also, the residual is higher at the beginning of the model year on a 2020 vs. now on a 2019, which is less. So, it didn't make sense. Let's move on. I'm not your banker; your not mine. I'm a seasoned financial executive; I know how to work the numbers.

Right Person

Reaction score
I haven’t got the final truck numbers. Should be sometime this morning.
The Expy was simple. They had it in stock. It was exactly what we would have ordered. It was a fresh new delivery. My wife loved it. They gave us a fair number for trade, the incentives were $3,500 and I caught a $2,000 PCO given to me by a complete stranger on a truck forum.
Private Cash Offers from Ford are out there, you just have to go out and find them...
Join various Ford forums and ask. People get them randomly from Ford on line, and if they are not ready or can’t use them, they can assign them to others. Just pay it forward some day.

I bought two vehicles at once, so it gave me plenty of leverage.
Plus, I have a great relationship with my salesman. He knows we show up to either buy or order. No hand holding needed.
many thanks

GC2019

Reaction score
Well legend, post your deal along with your trade model year and mileage and let’s examine it.

Deadman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Well legend, post your deal along with your trade model year and mileage and let’s examine it.

Dealer offered me $4,500 for my 2005 Dodge Magnum RT with 87k on it. I said no thanks, and I sold my car outright myself 2 days later for $9,000. So In reality I should consider this another $4,500 to the good minus the $247.50 in extra sales tax it cost me. I could look back at all my papers, but I bought a 18 Limited 302A, 4x4, tow pac, Led lights, 360 cam, rear buckets, platinum white, for $16k under the window sticker list price. In the end that's over $20K less than it would of cost me to order a 19 and pay list price and take the bath on trading my car. Oh, I paid $75 for an online car ad, so you can deduct that too! I just found the best prices I could online and took the price to my local dealer and told them if they can get close to this that I'll buy it from them. 2 days later they located my vehicle out of state and dealer traded it and Brought it home for me and I wrote them a check and drove it home!

Usually the Dealer makes more on your trade than they do on the new unit. I rarely trade anything unless its value is too high to make it realistic to have someone buy it outright from me.

Deadman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
What’s the benefit of the 3.73 outside of towing? Are the 0-60/quarter mile times materially different? Thanks

Its quicker, less strain on the transmission, it feels peppier, etc. I do a lot of backroad and non interstate driving, so I wanted the gearing for my slower speeds and for more low end power. If you did strictly hi speed highway driving, then the standard gears would be fine. I just want the gearing advantage to help move this huge vehicle. Its all in the mechanical advantage of the gearing.

aggiegrad05

Full Access Members
Reaction score

Deadman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You also get 4 low, electric locking rear diff, bigger radiator, and some other features........