Just ordered a 2020 Expedition

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Look for the famous dealer “*” in the ads you are reading.
The most attractive rebates are on aged stock XLT. There must be a lot of them out there sitting. They are advertising all incentives stacked, and most won’t apply to the average person unless you in college, a first responder, serving in the military and have a Z plan.

You COULD just bring a check and ask him if he wants it, and no you ain't rewriting it for a different number

GC2019

Reaction score
That may work just fine until they say tell you to walk.
Dealers don’t keep the lights on by losing money.

A dealer is paid holdback and whatever dealer to automaker incentives for sales numbers the have earned and what is available that we don’t know about..
We as a public can dip into hold back and whatever sales incentives from Ford.
Unless a dealer is in a financial bind, chances are the guy behind you may not be as informed, and your dealer will ask you to kindly step aside.

When it comes to high trim levels, those buying them aren’t as concerned as others when it comes to a few bucks, want them more and they sell. That’s why the XLTs are the more plentiful vehicles with the most incentives right now.

Anyone get 2020 pricing yet?
I just ordered a new Super Duty Limited, and the price jumped a whopping $4,000 from an identically equipped 19’.

Last edited:

OrangeWhipX3

Reaction score
Why not the heavy tow for the 3.73 gears?

Didn't want to pay the extra $1800 and take the MPG hit. Only tow very sporadically with it and no more than about 2K pounds. Company owns a GMC 3500 for the occasional big towing that I have to do.

You can buy 19's for like $15K off list price. I hope you guys got good discounts on these 2020's! Little to nothing has changed from 18-20 except wheel options and a few minor things.

We wanted to get EXACTLY what we wanted is why we ordered. In our case, the Lexus lease is up on Jan. 13. Dealer said I should order now if I wanted it by the end of the year. I told him he might be sitting on it for a month or two and they were OK with that. He also said it might be wisest to take delivery in December as he said incentives are typically better then than in January.

Anyone get 2020 pricing yet?
I just ordered a new Super Duty Limited, and the price jumped a whopping $4,000 from an identically equipped 19’.

OUCH! I know the expy's are up some but nothing like that. Our configuration's MSRP was $79 something. Can't remember and we didn't do any paperwork. Invoice was $75,600 and they're selling to me for $300 under plus free Weathertechs, plus whatever factory incentives exist when we take delivery.

GC2019

Reaction score
Ford is introducing a re-engineered 1,000+ torque Power Stroke and 10 speed in their trucks, and the price hike is across the line for some reason. They are also fishing for the ceiling on luxury heavy duty trucks it seems.
The truck I ordered MSRP’S for over 87K.

I bundled the Expedition deal with the truck at $2,000 under invoice. Hoping to get lucky with another PCO.
With incentives, PCO and invoice, the Expedition Plat was $5,500 under.

GC2019

Reaction score
New interior for the SD Limited.
The truck version is flip-flopped from the Expy. The Platinum is behind the Limited in trim.
I’m not as hesitant buying a Super Duty. They hold resale a lot better than an SUV, especially when price spikes never seem to stop.

DD6F3480-EE38-41F2-8BC4-B0BE88B154C6.jpeg

3830B203-E9AA-4CBD-B43C-F4CEFD9E47C5.jpeg

5BD54A41-7CBA-40DA-8DE5-CDB1A3360A9C.jpeg

0BD51CFA-5A99-44AB-86F3-9BB66D870027.jpeg

Last edited:

Right Person

Reaction score
Does anyone know whether 2020 model will have active park assist 2.0 like 2020 Explorer?
Also whether 2020 model will have digital display like 2020 explorer?
I heard 2020 model is hitting dealership lot in Oct Nov this year, is this true?

Right Person

Reaction score
Ford is introducing a re-engineered 1,000+ torque Power Stroke and 10 speed in their trucks, and the price hike is across the line for some reason. They are also fishing for the ceiling on luxury heavy duty trucks it seems.
The truck I ordered MSRP’S for over 87K.

I bundled the Expedition deal with the truck at $2,000 under invoice. Hoping to get lucky with another PCO.
With incentives, PCO and invoice, the Expedition Plat was $5,500 under.
Hi, may I ask what was the final price? How do I get the deal like you?

Jace

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Does anyone know whether 2020 model will have active park assist 2.0 like 2020 Explorer?
Also whether 2020 model will have digital display like 2020 explorer?
I heard 2020 model is hitting dealership lot in Oct Nov this year, is this true?

This is all it says in the 2020 order guide about Active Park Assist:

Enhanced Active Park Assist System with Parallel Parking, Park Out Assist
and Reverse Perpendicular Parking.

It doesn't mention anything new about park assist in the major changes either. Same goes for any changes to the dash/gauges. The 2020 Superduty appears to have not changed either. The only thing close that I can see is the Navigator (if you're wanting a digital dash).

As far as dates go, this is the most info I've seen.
  • 07/17/2019 - 2020MY Order Bank Open Date
  • 08/15/2019 - 2020MY Scheduling Begins
  • 10/14/2019 - 2020MY Job #1 Date

GC2019

Reaction score
Hi, may I ask what was the final price? How do I get the deal like you?
I haven’t got the final truck numbers. Should be sometime this morning.
The Expy was simple. They had it in stock. It was exactly what we would have ordered. It was a fresh new delivery. My wife loved it. They gave us a fair number for trade, the incentives were $3,500 and I caught a $2,000 PCO given to me by a complete stranger on a truck forum.
Private Cash Offers from Ford are out there, you just have to go out and find them...
Join various Ford forums and ask. People get them randomly from Ford on line, and if they are not ready or can’t use them, they can assign them to others. Just pay it forward some day.

I bought two vehicles at once, so it gave me plenty of leverage.
Plus, I have a great relationship with my salesman. He knows we show up to either buy or order. No hand holding needed.

Last edited:

Deadman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Look for the famous dealer “*” in the ads you are reading.
The most attractive rebates are on aged stock XLT. There must be a lot of them out there sitting. They are advertising all incentives stacked, and most won’t apply to the average person unless you in college, a first responder, serving in the military and have a Z plan.

I must be a legend, I bought my 302A for $16K under list. Deals are everywhere, but many dealers aren't willing to move on them.