Just ordered a 2020 Expedition

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AAOO

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I haven’t got the final truck numbers. Should be sometime this morning.
The Expy was simple. They had it in stock. It was exactly what we would have ordered. It was a fresh new delivery. My wife loved it. They gave us a fair number for trade, the incentives were $3,500 and I caught a $2,000 PCO given to me by a complete stranger on a truck forum.
Private Cash Offers from Ford are out there, you just have to go out and find them...
Join various Ford forums and ask. People get them randomly from Ford on line, and if they are not ready or can’t use them, they can assign them to others. Just pay it forward some day.

I bought two vehicles at once, so it gave me plenty of leverage.
Plus, I have a great relationship with my salesman. He knows we show up to either buy or order. No hand holding needed.

I've had two PCO's by email from my selling dealer already. The first one said ready for an upgrade. I'm like I just bought this thing three months ago, lol.

AAOO

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You also get 4 low, electric locking rear diff, bigger radiator, and some other features........

Ha! I just discovered I had lockers about a month ago. Wish I knew on that first road trip to Taos in the blizzard. FYI they unlock at 40 mph. Yes, I was drag racing!

GC2019

Reaction score
Dealer offered me $4,500 for my 2005 Dodge Magnum RT with 87k on it. I said no thanks, and I sold my car outright myself 2 days later for $9,000. So In reality I should consider this another $4,500 to the good minus the $247.50 in extra sales tax it cost me. I could look back at all my papers, but I bought a 18 Limited 302A, 4x4, tow pac, Led lights, 360 cam, rear buckets, platinum white, for $16k under the window sticker list price. In the end that's over $20K less than it would of cost me to order a 19 and pay list price and take the bath on trading my car. Oh, I paid $75 for an online car ad, so you can deduct that too! I just found the best prices I could online and took the price to my local dealer and told them if they can get close to this that I'll buy it from them. 2 days later they located my vehicle out of state and dealer traded it and Brought it home for me and I wrote them a check and drove it home!

Usually the Dealer makes more on your trade than they do on the new unit. I rarely trade anything unless its value is too high to make it realistic to have someone buy it outright from me.
All due respect, this tells us nothing. The only proof you have is your bill. It would be great if you could take a picture and post your dealer bill of sale. Then, we can all accurately see if your claim is real.

Last edited:

AAOO

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Ford incentives don't travel. They are locked to your home address zip code. The same vehicle I bought was $11,000 less in some NC town. In my zip code I only got $2,000 off the sticker. BS if you ask me...

GC2019

Reaction score
I have a friend who owns 6 Super Duty trucks towing and delivering new rv’s from the factory to dealerships on the east coast.
He buys strictly 3:31 gears in all of his trucks. Better fuel mileage and zero difference in towing. The more load on a turbo engine, the more boost it makes.
Of course a Powerstroke makes ungodly torque, but what is interesting is that the Powerstroke has doubled in torque, but for some reason people still think they need a lower gear to make it up a hill.

It’s simple. With 480 lbs of torque, the 3:31 is the right gear if you don’t tow. More than enough power and cooling for driving the interstate or in town. If you tow a trailer, the right combo is the tow package and 3:73 rears.

carymccarr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Its quicker, less strain on the transmission, it feels peppier, etc. I do a lot of backroad and non interstate driving, so I wanted the gearing for my slower speeds and for more low end power. If you did strictly hi speed highway driving, then the standard gears would be fine. I just want the gearing advantage to help move this huge vehicle. Its all in the mechanical advantage of the gearing.

Is the 0-60/quarter mile time actually better?

Dealer told me tow package was the only way to get the dual speed transfer case. That seems crazy.

Either way the ford variant is out since there’s no HUD. Time to check out the Lincoln.

carymccarr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
All due respect, this tells us nothing. The only proof you have is your bill. It would be great if you could take a picture and post your dealer bill of sale. Then, we can all accurately see if your claim is real.

What you need is sticker price to know what % off he got.

OP
OP
T

Ted Kramer

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Its quicker, less strain on the transmission, it feels peppier, etc. I do a lot of backroad and non interstate driving, so I wanted the gearing for my slower speeds and for more low end power. If you did strictly hi speed highway driving, then the standard gears would be fine. I just want the gearing advantage to help move this huge vehicle. Its all in the mechanical advantage of the gearing.
Agreed. That's why I did it. And it never hurts to be able to tow in a pinch.

OP
OP
T

Ted Kramer

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Just got my build sheet today from the dealer. SHE IS IN PRODUCTION. Star White Metallic with Ebony interior, tow and captains chairs. All options OTHER than the rear seat DVD. Couldn't justify the cost. Compared to 2019 pricing, it's $465 more than a similarly equipped 2019. Not bad.