Just ordered a Quickjack and suspension parts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2011EL

Reaction score
Broke down and ordered a Quickjack 7000TLX along with a bunch of suspension parts for my 2011 Expy. I've been mulling this jack for at least a year now. The Black Friday discounts helped, but it's still expensive for sure. I bought the lift as I was hoping to make things easier and cleaner when lifting my trucks. I have a decent floor jack with stands, but I don't like working with the floor jack in my garage given the surroundings. Hopefully this will make jobs easier moving forward.

I went ahead and ordered new control arms (upper/lower and front/rear) and ball joints. I already replaced the strut assemblies, stabalizer link bars, and sway bar bushings a few months ago. They definitely improved the ride quality while driving in straight lines, but any turns or bumps aren't fun. I'm hoping this will get the truck closer to the stock feel.

I'll share updates after the lift and parts are delivered and I have a chance to get dirty.

Luis Gomez

Reaction score
Give us some feedback on the quickjacks I have been also on the bench if I should pull the trigger on purchasing them working on stands and jacks makes me nervous sometimes especially working on suspension parts or exhaust where you end up almost under the truck good luck on your suspension work it does make a difference when it all done I did mine last year I even went as far a getting new brake lines and rotors and calipers not she running like new again smooth and she handles a lot better in corners

jpritter

Reaction score
Post some pictures, if you took some. Also did you get the truck adapters? Been meaning to try my 7000SLX on my 2016.

OP
OP

2011EL

Reaction score
she running like new again smooth and she handles a lot better in corners
That's exactly what I'm hoping for here. Can't wait to get in there and do the work.

did you get the truck adapters?
No I didn't. I can't speak to all Expeditions, but the 2011 frame isn't straight. It curves in at the front of the truck. So, I had to get the crossbeam support. Not a cheap addition to an already not cheap purchase. Oh well. I'm trying to be as safe as possible under the truck. I'll probably get the truck adapters to work on my Ram though. The crossbeam support will add something like 4 additional inches of lift.

Post some pictures, if you took some.
I haven't received the lift or any of the parts yet. I assume deliveries should start showing up later this week into early next week. I probably won't be able to get on this project until either the 11th or 18th of Dec. Really depends on holiday shopping and working around birthdays (wife and daughter have bdays next week. I'll post pics and thoughts once I get the parts and again when I finish up on the project.

jpritter

Reaction score
That's exactly what I'm hoping for here. Can't wait to get in there and do the work.

No I didn't. I can't speak to all Expeditions, but the 2011 frame isn't straight. It curves in at the front of the truck. So, I had to get the crossbeam support. Not a cheap addition to an already not cheap purchase. Oh well. I'm trying to be as safe as possible under the truck. I'll probably get the truck adapters to work on my Ram though. The crossbeam support will add something like 4 additional inches of lift.

I haven't received the lift or any of the parts yet. I assume deliveries should start showing up later this week into early next week. I probably won't be able to get on this project until either the 11th or 18th of Dec. Really depends on holiday shopping and working around birthdays (wife and daughter have bdays next week. I'll post pics and thoughts once I get the parts and again when I finish up on the project.
I see in another post you have your 7000TLX QuickJack. Have you used it and taken pictures? If so, did you use raise it up to full height?

OP
OP

2011EL

Reaction score
I see in another post you have your 7000TLX QuickJack. Have you used it and taken pictures? If so, did you use raise it up to full height?
I just received the lift last week. Haven't had a chance use it yet. My Ram has been at the stealership for the last 5 weeks (long story) and we're down to a single vehicle. I'm hoping to get my truck back late next week. If that happens, I'll start the tear down on my wife's Expy on the 22nd or 23rd.

Last edited:
OP
OP

2011EL

Reaction score
I called QuickJack yesterday for an update on the Crossbeam Support. They said it's back-ordered. Hoping to get more sometime in the next 2 weeks. Ugh... Very frustrating considering their site continues to say the part is IN STOCK.

OP
OP

2011EL

Reaction score
Ok... sorry for the extremely delayed update. Just got around to working on my wife's Expedition again and was finally able to break out my new Quickjack and put it to work.

20220918_120037~2.jpg
20220918_120051~2.jpg

Overall, very pleased with the lift. It's soooooooo much easier working on the truck now without having to move the floor jack around and jackstands.

I purchased the 7000TLX model as I also have a Ram 2500 that weighs in at roughly 7k lbs. You can probably get by with the 6000 model, but I wouldn't risk it if the 7000 model is available. You most likely don't need the extended length model like I bought unless you're planning to lift longer trucks as well.

That said, the lift is incredibly helpful, but it comes with some drawbacks. The lifts are large and HEAVY. I believe they're around 100 lbs each. That isn't terrible until you consider how awkward they are to move.

Also, be prepared for the occasional fluid leaks. Per Quickjack's recommendation, I used automatic transmission fluid in my lift. I now how several leak stains on my garage floor. The big leaks were self induced during setup as I was bleeding the system. There will also be small leaks from time to time when connecting/disconnecting the hoses. They have awesome quick connects on the hoses that prevents leaks, but I've had a few issues where my hands slip before getting the hose fully connected allowing small leakage. I also found a small pool of fluid under the hose connections next to the pump this weekend (3rd time using it). I couldn't find the obvious cause for that leak though. All of that to say, there will be leaks. Just be prepared with plenty of rags or shop towels.

The onky other observation I'll share is that I plan to order the truck adapter set to get another 6" of lift.

There are two lock points on the lift. Sadly, I didn't think to measure the other day when I had it up. I'll come back with that detail this weekend. The first lock point is enough to get the tires off the ground by a few inches. Nothing extreme. The second lock point adds something like 8" or so making it much more comfortable to work with.

Overall, very happy with the purchase. One major mistake I made. Don't waste your money on the crossbar support unless you know for a fact that you require it. I made the mistake of ordering it at the time of purchase (Black Friday discount) thinking I needed it due to the shape of the frame. I was wrong and it costed me around $400. Oh well.

JAMADOR

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Good to see it'll lift an Expy no problem. We no longer have a garage, and our driveway isn't smooth pavement, so once of these may be more stable than traditional jackstands for the times I need to raise the truck.
Will have to keep an eye on them for sales.