Just snapped an end link

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Eddie1965

Reaction score
As the title reads, I just snapped a rear sway bar end link. I have a Hellwig sway bar and Bilstein shocks. It happened just pulling into a parking lot.

Has anyone upgraded their end links after installing the shocks or sway bar? If so, do you have any recommendations?

Thanks,

Last edited:

Vipersinu2

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Shocks and swaybars should not interfere with tierod end.

Lucky you were not on the highway.

Check with the dealer, get that documented.

There might be a problem with the metal.

5280tunage

Full Access Members
Reaction score
We've been talking in several threads about how weak and crappy the end links are. I too have front and rear hellwig bars and am definitely concerned about the end links. First, they simply look weak, second, they are metal on metal.

Last edited:

5280tunage

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Looked at all their parts and contacted them directly, didn't seem like they had what we needed to replace the crappy end links.

wakeboarder

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Shocks and swaybars should not interfere with tierod end.

Lucky you were not on the highway.

Check with the dealer, get that documented.

There might be a problem with the metal.

If I was Ford, I would deny warranty on this. Stiffer sway bar would mean more stress on the end links.

5280tunage

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yeah, I think they likely would. But honestly, that tells me the design specs are so close to a break point, that they are weaker than we thought. The heavier bars obviously create more stress, but loading a vehicle with a bunch weight (especially say high up like on the roof) can increase the stress put on a completely factory setup. If anyone can find some stronger end links that will work, would love to know.

Deadman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'm ready to buy spares to take on my long road trips now that you guys are breaking these...... crap....