k&n filters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cougforester

Reaction score
who here runs a k&n air filter? have you noticed any problems with it? i know some vehicles can't handle the difference in air flow. before i invest in one, i'd like to know of any problems. have you seen substantial performance increase after installing one? i did in my ranger but that's a different vehicle.

bnvus

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I had one in my 2003. I did get better gas mileage with it. Now I just need to get one for the my 05. They are completely different.

Grasshopper

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I run one in my supercharged, 97 Thunderbird with a 4.6L and also my wife's 5.4L 2000 EB.
I think the most serious thing you need to watch out for is the "gunking up" of the MAF. Other than that, there's not a huge benefit by using them, 'cept for the permanance of the part (don't have to keep buying them). Still, I got two...lol!

Silver Ex

Full Access Members
Reaction score
That's the only thing that concerns me, the potential problem with the mass airflow sensor. I've heard that if you put too much oil on the K & Ns, when you "recharge" them, it'll screw up your sensor.