Keep it or throw it away...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nasanieru

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

Was having a problem letting myself spend money on my Expy after the Accident. My dilema is this, It has 256,000+ miles on it. I love the truck, but it isnt a collector vehicle that you could see spending money on fixing up. I don't want to get another one because I would in theory have to start over with a new set of problems sorta speak. I dont want to get rid of the Expy but was wondering where everyone else would draw the line of "This is too much".

Thanks,

Nathan

FordandPolaris

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I guess it depends on how much damage it has. What was damaged in the accident? 256k is quite a bit of mileage, especially if you have had it in the rust belt for the duration of the vehicle's life. Personally I would let that one go and purchase another 1st gen in a heart beat given how cheaply you can pick up a low mileage grocery getter. It seems the problems with these 1st gens are pretty uniform, so I wouldn't say that you will be picking up a new set of problems as much as fixing problems you already fixed on your last truck.

What are you thinking of getting into instead of another expy?