Kinda short lived but she's going bye bye

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ThwopKing

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Well got rear ended last week and while it could have been much worse and I was ok, it's really not that bad when you look at the other truck lol.

I was sitting at a light, about 12 cars back and just as I started to lift my foot off the brake pedal....WHAMMO!
Luckily I didn't hit the car in front of me as they had started moving too. I drove it back to work and brought it home today, cleaned it out and then dropped it at the body shop for full evaluation.

I know it's totaled since the 1/4 panel would have to come off and the 2nd row bench is actually cockeyed. So just waiting on the kids insurance company to get back to me... im sure ill reject their first offer lol... but we will see. She was very clean and totally rust free up top with fairly minimal surface rust underneath. The exhaust manifolds barely even ticked lol.... only when cold. But oh well here's some pics.

Not sure what we are going to replace it with. 4566f42c15ce731e05c35d2dff848d00.jpgd83cf0c6ac97b3d3c4028fe2dfa69150.jpgc1ef9ff3c1b62e160c510e2e57bc3c11.jpg76357d20f67eba6bb0a5ff04ebab0fff.jpg6687e03d6c6405860ff897fd567fb391.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Well glad your OK, theirs always another car/truck. Be glad you were in a tank like the Expedition. Tomorrow is another day as they say. Moving on and up!

Sent from my N9131 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
ThwopKing

ThwopKing

Full Access Members
Reaction score
LoL just don't buy a chevy Colorado that thing looks like it hit a wall damn!

I see those accidents way too often now, people eyes are glued to their phones, they make drunk drivers look safer than them
His air bag didn't go off either! He more than likely has a broken nose from his face bouncing off the steering wheel.

Boose

2017 Platinum EL
Reaction score
My Wife and Daughter were rear ended in our 05 by a Volvo sedan at a light. A panic stop in front of my Wife resulted in her stopping as they were accelerating off of the light. The Volvo fared about as well as that Colorado. We will never not own one of these as long as we're moving the family around. Glad you're well and have fun shopping for another :)

OP
OP
ThwopKing

ThwopKing

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I’d say find another generation one and carry on. Glad you’re safe
I was considering it but around here they are so beat on and usually full of rust... mine was honestly super clean for the miles. The wife has been on me to find something that fits in her parking garage at work . There is a nice 08 Crown Vic that on bags that's for sale lol....

OP
OP
ThwopKing

ThwopKing

Full Access Members
Reaction score
also just found out the lil douche nozzle did NOT have insurance. The old me would be paying him a visit!