Knock When Turning Steering Wheel

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

QbanCgar

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i just noticed a knock whenever i turn my steering wheel to the right, not sure if anyone else has experience this. thanks in advance.

AuctionExp

Reaction score
I've been experiencing the same thing. I hears a single knock when I turn almost all the way to the right, and I only hear it on the left side.

I took a peek under and I can move the front sway bar left to right with my hand (probably not a good thing) so I am going to order a sway bar link kit and bushings to see if that helps.

NickChick

Reaction score
Try looking at your ball joints. I had the same sound, turns out i had a broken ball joint that completely fell apart. I replaced the one (i have to do the others soon too) and no knock ever since.

FordandPolaris

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Try looking at your ball joints. I had the same sound, turns out i had a broken ball joint that completely fell apart. I replaced the one (i have to do the others soon too) and no knock ever since.

Yeah my ball joints would pop when I turned the wheels before I replaced them.

OP
OP
QbanCgar

QbanCgar

Full Access Members
Reaction score
cool thanks for the feedback. how much did the ball joints set you back & did you do it yourself?

NickChick

Reaction score
Well I only replace on of the ball joints. It was just the lower one. Costed about $20 which isn't too bad. I was able to do it at home with a ball joint press.