Knowledge

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1970Maverick

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Will forscan allow me to change settings such as up-shift and down-shift points? Or is it only for reading parameters and sensor status?

OP
OP
Yosemite Sam

Yosemite Sam

Reaction score
Will forscan allow me to change settings such as up-shift and down-shift points? Or is it only for reading parameters and sensor status?

It will definitely allow you to change parameters but exactly which parameters would depend on the make, model and year of
your vehicle. You would undoubtedly have to dig around on both sites to determine whether others have discovered the correct
parameters to change for your particular vehicle.

1970Maverick

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It will definitely allow you to change parameters but exactly which parameters would depend on the make, model and year of
your vehicle. You would undoubtedly have to dig around on both sites to determine whether others have discovered the correct
parameters to change for your particular vehicle.

I have a 2017 XLT RWD. Have you done any tuning on yours? I see that you have a 4x4 so some of your parameters should be different than my RWD, but have you done any tuning to your tranny?

OP
OP
Yosemite Sam

Yosemite Sam

Reaction score
I have a 2017 XLT RWD. Have you done any tuning on yours? I see that you have a 4x4 so some of your parameters should be different than my RWD, but have you done any tuning to your tranny?

No sir, and I don't plan on it. I'm too old to worry about my "tranny".....there are a lot of other things I'd like to "tune" and
that ain't one of them... :)

Ozzy

Reaction score
Agreed. FORScan is a lifesaver. I have saved so much $ using it and doing the work myself. It’s not dummy proof, but using it along with the power of the Google and FordTechMakuloco YouTube videos I’ve been able to troubleshoot and repair things that would have left my 05 Expy parked for long periods due to not having the $ to pay a proper mechanic.

To answer the question “Why pay for it if you can get it free?”... Someone spent long hours figuring out how to give us a working tool that saves us countless $, so paying the relatively small amount to help keep it going is a no brainer for me. I used it for free for quite a while, but once I figured out how useful it really is, I had no problem paying for my license.

I’m also glad to have discovered this forum. Y’all have helped me as much as every other option out there!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Port Tack

Reaction score
So this could also work with a smartphone? I'm about to buy a 3rd gen expy and it sounds like a good idea to plug it in and check the vehicle out prior to purchase?

Ozzy

Reaction score
Forscan does work on at least some smart phones via a Bluetooth ODB dongle. I’ve not used it so I can’t tell you how well or how complex the phone versions are compared to a laptop, which is what I use with a hardwire dongle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Yosemite Sam

Yosemite Sam

Reaction score
There are many OBD2 scanners, how does the FORScan somehow differ?

FORScan is not a "scanner". It's a computer program. It would probably behoove you to spend some time
perusing the MANY entries regarding its use right here on this forum.