Leaking hand holds and vents!!! Help!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tooltown

Reaction score
I have water seeping in from the holy shit grips next the windshield. I also had water blow through the roof vents on the rear heater. I peeled back the head liner and there was all kinds of condensation in the roof. We have had 33 days of strait rain here in Seattle and this is the first time it has happened. Has anyone else seen this?? Thought maybe sunroof drains but the condensation was all over in the roof. Been running roof heater and seems to be dried out for now. Any help??:shootout:

OP
OP
T

tooltown

Reaction score
I will stop by the dealer and see what they have to say. Thanks for the help!!

PBH

Reaction score
This is a chronic Expedition problem that Ford is ignoring. There has been an attempt to force a recall as this problem has caused numerous electrical concerns with cars (failed wipers, cars starting on their own, and fires). My blower motor rusted out, as did the resistors that control the motor speed. My carpets and floor are always wet after it rains. I've also had the handles dripping water in winter.

Get your windshield removed and resealed. Sad that Ford can't build a truck that doesn't leak, even sadder they won't admit it.

JUST4FUN

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
The problem is the sunroof drain tube is plugged with dust
that truned into mud in the tube. then overflowed the sunroof
frame whitch flowed above the headliner. the water was moved about by driving the truck
you need to clean out the tube

PBH

Reaction score
Last edited:
OP
OP
T

tooltown

Reaction score
The water is above the windshield. It is around the sunroof and I even have water drip on my head from the sunroof opening. I have an appoint with sunroof shop. They said either drains or water trough or pan. 2 weeks out though. I will let ya know what they find. Thanks for the info.

PBH

Reaction score
If you have an aitline use it to blow out the drain lines...

OP
OP
T

tooltown

Reaction score
I took it in and all 4 drains where clogged. The 2 rear drains where not even routed correctly. They replaced the 2 rears and blew out the 2 fronts and there is no water yet. They said my cargo carpet is moist and may get mold. I am going to run a small heater to dry it out good. Cost was 225.00 but well worth it. If you get a leak, run a small bead of vasoline in the seam of the sunroof to stop the leak until you can get it in. This stopped the water in mine for 2 weeks. Thanks for all your input and will keep you posted if any changes.