LED Confusion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

trjc3rd

Reaction score
I have a 2007 Expedition EL Eddie Bauer and I need some help figuring out what I need and don't need when installing a LED conversion kit. According to the direction these bulbs are "Plug n Play" yet when I read further down the mention a resistor harness to prevent flickering and dashboard error messages. A bit later the mention a CANbus decoder to fix pretty much the same thing. I'm lost trying to figure this out. Can anyone give me some help figuring this out?

Gary Waugh

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Don’t know if this helps, I have a 2008 limited EL, I changed all the exterior lights and the interior lights for LED bulbs and the only issue i had was the indicators flash too quickly. The system did not report any errors. I was told that I need to flash a forscan code to fix the indicators, I was too lazy so I replaced the rear brake/indicator bulbs with regular bulbs and everything then worked correctly. So now every exterior and interior build is LED except the left and right rear brake light bulbs, which are regular tungsten bulbs. I had hoped I could just replace the indiactor flasher relay to correct the fast flashing speed, but I was told that you can’t change the relay, the ecu has to be flashed to change a code so the car flashes at the correct speed.. when replacing the bulbs with LEDs remember to turn the lights on and make sure they light up, before putting the light housing back together! Most of the external bulbs can only go in one way, but the interior bulbs can go in either way round, but only one direction works With led bulbs!! I fitted all my interior lights and then turned on the ignition to find half of them didn’t light up and I had to go back and remove all the fittings and rotate the bulb so that they did work.. very happy with the results.

OP
OP
trjc3rd

trjc3rd

Reaction score
Thanks Gary for the advice. I’ve contacted both Sealight and SoCal LED Lighting but have yet to hear back from them. I’m beginning to think I may have bitten off more than I can chew here.

blackedoutlimited

Reaction score
I have a 2007 Expedition EL Eddie Bauer and I need some help figuring out what I need and don't need when installing a LED conversion kit. According to the direction these bulbs are "Plug n Play" yet when I read further down the mention a resistor harness to prevent flickering and dashboard error messages. A bit later the mention a CANbus decoder to fix pretty much the same thing. I'm lost trying to figure this out. Can anyone give me some help figuring this out?
Forscan and turn off hyper flash. Problem solved