Lift options?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

walnuts4x4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
they dont have brackets for 2"... you could make a set or just go with 3" if you have plans on going bigger in the future

OP
OP
babysilk

babysilk

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Okay, I was thinking about it and decided that if I'm going to o through all the work of installing a body lift....I might as well go with 3 instead of 2! Thanks for the info guys!

tallsville

Full Access Members
Reaction score
do a body lift for now. then wait and do sas and you can fit 40+

rewarder

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have a 4" Rancho lift kit on mine with bilstien shocks and it rides like stock, I have 35" on it and it rolls over speed bumps like nothing. Just feels like a small bump (I think thats attributed to the bilstien shocks). Check out Ebay for smoking' deals. Deals are everywhere. Personally I wouldn't run a body lift. Something about those bum me out. Plus the resale value on a suspenstion lift is greatly increased over a body lift (plust you can see the frame, which i think is lame). I think you can get a kit on ebay for like $600.00 and those can clear 35's. Mine does. And it rides like stock. Nice and plush. I have 16" wheels on it and I think with the smaller rim and oversize tires makes for a more cush ride. Do a lot of research before making your decision. personally I think you'll get more bang for your buck going for a suspension lift like Rancho. I have a 4" and it's perfect. Don't rush it and be weary of "smokin' deals". Good luck on your venture.
http://expeditionforum.com/showthread.php?t=13003

Here's one, kinda spendy buy you get a full 6" of lift from Fabtech http://www.ebay.com/itm/Fabtech-6-Lift-4wd-Ford-Expedition-1997-2002-/390372176740?hash=item5ae3feb364&item=390372176740&pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr but there are many more on ebay you can choose from. Maybe when I get my Long Travel kit you can buy my lift kit from me for cheap. It's an idea. Hunter - Phoenix

Last edited:

RedExpy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
ok.. so i have looked around here and am unable to find anything on how to do a torsion bar twist... .i want to go up a little bit and eventually do some other stuff.. but daily driver.. and amount of spending are the limitations.. free is good!!!! :) so... how do you do torsion bar twist on a 2000 Expy,

treycool94

Full Access Members
Reaction score
there is a bolt on both sides at the end of the bar and crank it up but count how many times you twist it driver side first