Lift Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rptr00

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have an 04 and want to put on a lift. I have seen the truxxx 3/2 kit and really like it. I also came across the new rancho readylift system. Can these be combined? The readylift replaces the strut and spring to provide the lift. Combining the 2 would give about 6 inches of lift at a fraction of the cost of the 8 inch Rize kit if it will work.

davesexplorer

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The problem with combining those kits would be the driveline angles. Would your CV's shred apart, would the suspension even fit? I dont know but I wouldn't think it would work.

I'm adapting a 3" body lift for an F150 to mine for a bit more clearance for the 35's.

OP
OP
R

rptr00

Full Access Members
Reaction score
looking forward to seeing the results of the body lift. You might be the first to try it.

dkm2

Reaction score
I didn't think a body lift would work on the 2wd versions of this truck. I searched EVERYWHERE and only found the 2" spacer lifts for it. Now there is the 3" ReadyLift, but cannot see the expense and effort to add only one more inch. I can only fit 33's with the 2". I would love to fit 35's so if you are successful please let us know.

I'm rather disappointed with what is available for us to do to our trucks. No CAI's available, cannot put dual exhaust, no lift kits . . .

Back in 04 when I bought the truck, I found a Rize 8" lift for it but it was prohibitively expensive. Now when I look, it says for 4wd only.

Black_Exhaust

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'm rather disappointed with what is available for us to do to our trucks. No CAI's available, cannot put dual exhaust, no lift kits . . .

there are about 25 different CAI's for the 97-04 engines, K&n 57 and 77, Airaid, JLT, Summit, Trick Flow, Matrix, AEM, BBK, Spectre, AFE (has stage 1 and stage 2), Key Stone, Injen, Volant, and of course if you supercharge they all have CAI's as well.

There ARE dual exhast options that are expensive and not really "True Dual" meaning its still a Y pipe off the manifolds and doesn't really help the Exhaust flow over a standard single side.

As for lift kits I know that theres 2" spacers for everything and the 97-02 model does have more though, I'm not too well versed in Lifting, lowering my cup of tea more than lifting.

Just go on websites like Summit racing, truck addons, stylin trucks, etc. or you can always pick up some parts catalogs or magizines. Trust me there actually is plenty out there and you might also try lookin up 97-03 f-150 parts for certain things like just be careful with that.

LightningExpo

Full Access Members
Reaction score
if yours is 2wd though you will have to go much higher than dave because hes got about 2 inches more than you stock since he is 4x4. if he gets the body lift to work see if he can help you out because your in a bit of a jam with your 2wd and 33s may be the only option.

OP
OP
R

rptr00

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Well I picked up a set of OE 20's from an F-150 FX4. The guy I bought them from has 275 60 20 Toyo Open Countrys. Without any lift, my 2WD fits the 33's. The only rubbing I have is at full steering lock the tire rubs the sway bar a bit on the backside. I was suprised they would fit without the lift. I know I know I need to post pics...

Last edited:

davesexplorer

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Wheels and tires look good on there and it looks like you have a fair amount of room to work with. If those wheels were spaced out a bit more you wouldn't have the rubbing problem, but then they would probably be sticking out past the factory flares. That's what I did, 18x9 wheels but they stuck out past the fenders a good bit so I got aftermarket flares.

I haven't touched the body lift yet, as I'm closing on my new house this month so I my plate is rather full at this point. When I'm done though my new place has a 3 car garage, can't wait.

OP
OP
R

rptr00

Full Access Members
Reaction score
thanks. these tires are pretty worn. I was thinking of going with 275 65 20 next, thats a 34" tire. I think that would fit as is, but I would probably get a 2" lift for added suspension articulation.