Lincoln emblem on 2020 Platinum engine?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wakeboarder

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Now does anyone know what visual cues to look for on the engine itself that will indicate if he has the Lincoln/raptor 3.5L?

lv2drive

Full Access Members
Reaction score
duuuuuuuuuude.

i would say this explains the missing engine covers on the ‘21 expys - when they eventually ran out of the spare lincoln ones ALSO.

come on ford!

**OR** - like wakeboarder was touching on - did they actually put an entire navi engine config in there? which i don’t guess is the case but who knows...

i’m still learning about the navi engine but isn’t the expy platinum the same tuned engine as the navi, or is the navi additionally boosted in comparison to the platinum?

Last edited:

5280tunage

Full Access Members
Reaction score
duuuuuuuuuude.

i would say this explains the missing engine covers on the ‘21 expys - when they eventually ran out of the spare lincoln ones ALSO.

come on ford!

**OR** - like wakeboarder was touching on - did they actually put an entire navi engine config in there? which i don’t guess is the case but who knows...

i’m still learning about the navi engine but isn’t the expy platinum the same tuned engine as the navi, or is the navi additionally boosted in comparison to the platinum?
The Navi engine is tuned for even higher output than the platinum. This is nutso... I personally don't know if there is any external differences between the engines, but I'm wondering if you could find something via forscan or other OBD diagnostics that might tell you. Obviously the cover works fine, you could go to the dealer and ask them to replace it with a Ford one and see what they say if you cared.

I'm just more interested in how that happened. Another line worker put the wrong part on? But this again goes back to one of my previous statements on another thread about tracking parts on a line, how could they have not known they used one too many lincoln covers during assembly (i get it, they share lines) but on most modern lines, virtually every part is scanned and matched to each vehicle as it passes through.

lv2drive

Full Access Members
Reaction score
this is so intriguing.

I personally think it’s a normal expy platinum engine - i can’t imagine they plunked an entire navi assembly in there... they ran out of expy covers and someone hastily decided to put a navi cover on this one - which was quickly shifted to “no engine cover” as the supply evaporated. and i am guessing that is an anomaly and there are not many (if any) other expys that have this lincoln branded cover on a normal expy engine.

i would love to have been a fly on the wall to see this all play out on the line.

super curious how the dealership or corporate would explain / justify this. i would make them replace it with a ford branded one (whatever versions might be available...).

OP
OP
B

BrianF

Reaction score
I have been curious about the engine since delivered. I also have a 2019 F150 Lariat ecoboost parked next to it in the garage, and the Expedition engine is literally 2x the sound decibel at idle. This Expedition engine sounds like a performance sports car engine compared to my F150. I have always found that odd that it is so much louder. It also gets significantly worse gas mileage than my F150.

lv2drive

Full Access Members
Reaction score
oh man it gets deeper! crazy -

what kind of mileage are you getting?

what are the chances that ford had supply issues with the engine components or assembly itself - so someone actually decided to put the full blown navi engine in there with all the bits & bobs needed, mapping the programming on it to essentially be the navi!!!!

i am SO intrigued as to what your expy would pull on a DYNO - have you thought of trying that to measure real
world output?

it would be amazing for you in a power sense if you wanted the moar -

but if they had to do surgery for any reason - what complications would arise? your dealer must be able to find out the answer / get to the bottom of it, as i’m sure it might muck up any warrantied engine procedures / part replacements etc.

NyackRob79

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Did they just use the engine cover from Lincoln, or does he get the full 450-hp motor upgrade too? Now I'm curious!

I've been to the F-150 factory tour. There's a quality-control person that checks the line workers. This would have been observed - and consequently - approved by a number of people at the factory.