Lincoln forums? Navi question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GC2019

Reaction score
We had the HUD in our Denali. I found it distracting and do not miss it. We dimmed it down to nothing and I prefer the digital MPH read out in the screen.

Tip..If you ever have to replace the windshield in your HUD equipped vehicle, make SURE you have it dealer installed with an OEM windshield, or make sure your non dealer glass installer is fully aware that the HUD digit focus may be compromised, and they are responsible for it.

As I said in a prior post, we just bought a new Plat. The Nav was never really an option, probably because it looks like an older persons vehicle.

We personally prefer the younger and sporty sleek Caddy style to the Nav. IMO, the Nav is not in the same style class as the Escalade, and I would expect the 2021 redesigned Escalade to pummel the Nav when it’s finally unveiled.

Last edited:
OP
OP
C

carymccarr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
We had the HUD in our Denali. I found it distracting and do not miss it. We dimmed it down to nothing and I prefer the digital MPH read out in the screen.

Tip..If you ever have to replace the windshield in your HUD equipped vehicle, make SURE you have it dealer installed with an OEM windshield, or make sure your non dealer glass installer is fully aware that the HUD digit focus may be compromised, and they are responsible for it.

As I said in a prior post, we just bought a new Plat. The Nav was never really an option, probably because it looks like an older persons vehicle.

We personally prefer the younger and sporty sleek Caddy style to the Nav. IMO, the Nav is not in the same style class as the Escalade, and I would expect the 2021 redesigned Escalade to pummel the Nav when it’s finally unveiled.

How do you find the difference in power between the Denali and the expy?

GC2019

Reaction score
The 6.2L was an excellent engine in comparison to the totally unacceptable 5.3L in our prior Tahoe.
LOVED the 6.2L.
Given the V-8/V-6 turbo thing, and comparing numbers, I was still slightly concerned the Eco wouldn’t produce the same instant torque.
Absolutely no reason for concern, and it may actually be better! It’s my wife’s truck and I need more seat time, but so far it’s a superior truck.

It’s a little unsure with the shifts, but when you are on the highway, it’s a brute when you hit the gas.

OP
OP
C

carymccarr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The 6.2L was an excellent engine in comparison to the totally unacceptable 5.3L in our prior Tahoe.
LOVED the 6.2L.
Given the V-8/V-6 turbo thing, and comparing numbers, I was still slightly concerned the Eco wouldn’t produce the same instant torque.
Absolutely no reason for concern, and it may actually be better! It’s my wife’s truck and I need more seat time, but so far it’s a superior truck.

It’s a little unsure with the shifts, but when you are on the highway, it’s a brute when you hit the gas.

Yeah in think the 6.2 has more HP but platinum has more torque.

The platinum MPG is atrocious so I’m glad to hear the power is there. May need to go drive one

GC2019

Reaction score
I guess it could be atrocious with 3:73 gearing. We have the 3:31 rings, and that’s a rather large gearing/RPM difference at highway speed. We tow with my truck, so we didn’t want the tow package on the Expedition.

The lie-O-meter shows 22 MPG at 72 mph on cruise and an 18 average. That’s on par or slightly better than the 6.2L. Still under 600 miles on the meter, so I expect it will get better.

OP
OP
C

carymccarr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I guess it could be atrocious with 3:73 gearing. We have the 3:31 rings, and that’s a rather large gearing/RPM difference at highway speed. We tow with my truck, so we didn’t want the tow package on the Expedition.

The lie-O-meter shows 22 MPG at 72 mph on cruise and an 18 average. That’s on par or slightly better than the 6.2L. Still under 600 miles on the meter, so I expect it will get better.

Yeah that is materially higher than most are reporting. Must be the lack of tow package.

GC2019

Reaction score
I know from my diesel truck, the key to mileage with a turbo engine is zero boost. Zero boost gives the mileage, and when you start running higher RPM, you can’t help but to start running boost.
I’m ordering a new truck, and the same 3:31 gears are available in a Super Duty, and that’s where I’m going.
IMO, The torque the new engines crank out makes lower gearing less necessary.

OP
OP
C

carymccarr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Does anyone have the 2019 order book or know what changes have been added for 2019 Navi? Current truck just developed a screech in the front when turning and not sure I have any desire to fix it lol. May just want to move on...

OP
OP
C

carymccarr

Full Access Members
Reaction score